EDIT: MSR Blacklite Pots - Will Jeffries

  • Roger Caffin
    Message 1 of 1 , May 5, 2005
      EDIT: MSR Blacklite Pots - Will Jeffries

      Hi Will

      Well, all those trips are a good excuse!
      Anyhow, this is much improved. I have listed a few small things for you to
      consider.
      After you have dealt with them, I need to see the html version. Could you
      post that to the Test/OR folder and let me know via this channel when you
      have done so please.

      Cheers
      Roger Caffin
      BGT Editor
      ----------------------------------
      Comment: The metric conversions are OK, but may be a little too precise *for
      this case*. It is unlikely that the pots hold exactly 1.5 and 2.0 litres,
      and in fact the second pot could be labelled '2 L' quite happily. So '50 fl
      oz' and '70 fl oz' would in this case be OK. Weights can always be more
      precise. But this is not an edit, just a comment.

      > manufacturer claims that the pots are black and have
      > rounded edges to assist heat transfer from the stove
      > to the pots. These features are said to help increase
      > fuel efficiency and decrease cooking time.
      Comment: well put.

      > I received my pots as part of the Blacklite Classic
      <snip>
      > is known to be very durable and lightweight.
      Edit: this section (up to 'lightweight') might be better included under
      'Product Information' as you are still describing the pots.

      > The Blacklite pots in have grooved bottoms to
      > grip the stove while cooking.
      Comment: This is fine here. You could put quote marks thus
      'to grip the stove while cooking' to make it clear this is a manufacturer
      comment - yours come later.

      > I always use the Packtowel or a bandanna between the two pots
      Comment: now you are starting your Field Information.

      > and take the smaller pot by itself. One of the best
      Edit: I recommend a new paragraph after 'itself.' as you are changing what
      you are talking about.

      > I like how the pots grip onto my stove
      > while I stir instead of slipping around like my old
      > pots. I think that a non-stick coating is the best
      > feature that can ever be put on any pot. Clean-up is
      > effortless thanks to the miracle of non-stick.
      Comment: all very good first-person comments.

      utensils be used with this cookset, because metal
      Edit: comma un-necessary

      > The pots seem to be very fuel efficient
      > and help save time while cooking.
      Edit: any reason behind this comment? It would be nice to give one.