EDIT & APPROVAL: Owner Review - Mountainsmith Wisp - Stephen Blankenship

  • Roger Caffin
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2005
      EDIT & APPROVAL: Owner Review - Mountainsmith Wisp - Stephen Blankenship

      Hi Stephen

      Very smooth.
      A couple of small details which I missed the first time around, mainly too
      much precision in some of the numbers. Given the usual variability during
      production runs and so on, we try to not make things look too 'accurate'.

      When you have dealt with these you can upload to
      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Sleep%20Gear/Sleeping%20Bags/Mountainsmith%20Wisp/
      You don't need to repost here.

      I note this is your second OR. Make sure you have submitted a signed Tester
      Agreement to Shane, and you can now start writing applications!

      A general comment for the future. This OR is OK, but it's getting close to
      the lower limit for length. We like to have a bit of detail, especially for
      major items. So feel free to make your reviews and reports a little longer
      if you can. Imagine you are talking directly to a novice who has asked about
      the item: what would you say about it?

      Cheers and welcome
      Roger Caffin
      BGT Editor
      -----------------------------------
      > Height: 6'0" (183 cm)
      EDIT: insert space: 6' 0"

      > is usually just under 20 lbs (9.07 kg) for a winter trip and at most 15
      > lbs (6.80 kg) during the spring or summer.
      Edit: too much precision in the metrics. 9.1 kg and 6.8 kg would be just
      right.

      > Tested Weight: 1 lb 6.1 oz (.63 kg), including nylon stuff sack as
      Edit: too much precision in the ounces: 1 lb 6 oz would be fine.

      > (5,182 m) while I was in the Himalayas, but I must admit that I was
      Edit: same again: 5,200 m would be sufficient

      > I measured it to be about 6 x 10 in (15.24 x 25.40 cm) ]. To define
      Edit: ditto: 15 cm * 25 cm is enough