Re: [BackpackGearTest] Snowgum Storm Shelter 2 Tent - Edward Ripley-Duggan

  • Marie-Noëlle Augendre
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2005
      You don't need to take other pictures to get smaller jpeg files. Many
      programs allow you to choose size/resolution when saving a jpeg file;
      just make a copy of those you already have.

      Marie-Noelle,
      Just learning to "play" with pictures.

      On 5/1/05, Ralph Ditton <rdassetts@...> wrote:
      > Hello Ted,
      >

      > Thank you for taking up my Owner Review and giving it the once over.
      >
      > I had a lot of help with the structure from Christine Korhonen who is my
      > mentor provided by your organisation. It is a wonderful help and all budding
      > testers should avail themselves of the programme, in my humble opinion.
      >

      > As requested, I have uploaded the report to the test file with the
      > appropriate amendments as directed by your good self.
      >

      > I did take photos of the tent, but unfortunately they had too many jpegs (or
      > whatnots) to be accepted, so if desired by you, I will try and take some
      > more with less resolutions to fit under the 100 whatnots and then add them
      > to the report.
      >

      > Kindly advise in due course.
      >

      > In answer to your question on my backpacking break, it was thoroughly
      > enjoyable and the scenery was a pleasure to behold especially the river
      > views and karri forest.
      >

      > Kind regards
      >

      > Ralph.

      > To read our reviews, please visit
      > http://www.backpackgeartest.org/

      Marie-Noelle
      Wilderness Addict
      http://mnaugendre.blogspot.com/
    • edwardripleyduggan
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2005
        Marie-Noëlle,

        Another very valuable tool with jpegs is to play with the compression.
        This is what's termed "lossy" -- meaning that, the higher you push
        the compression, the more "artefacts" your images will show -- but for
        the Web, quite high compressions will often look just fine. Some
        programs, e.g. ImageReady, will automatically optimize the image,
        though often manual adjustment will give you better results.

        Ted.

        --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, Marie-Noëlle Augendre

        Message 3 of 5 , May 1, 2005
          Hi Ted,
          I was aware of that, but didn't find the correct expression on the
          spur of the moment. Just wanted to tell him he didn't have to take
          more pictures, just play a bit with those he already got.
          Anyway, thanks for the precision; my english needs polishing, and I'm
          getting plenty of that via BGT, thanks to you and the other members.

          Marie-Noelle