Snowgum Storm Shelter 2 Tent - Edward Ripley-Duggan

  • Ralph Ditton
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2005
      Hello Ted,

      Thank you for taking up my Owner Review and giving it the once over.

      I had a lot of help with the structure from Christine Korhonen who is my
      mentor provided by your organisation. It is a wonderful help and all budding
      testers should avail themselves of the programme, in my humble opinion.

      As requested, I have uploaded the report to the test file with the
      appropriate amendments as directed by your good self.

      I did take photos of the tent, but unfortunately they had too many jpegs (or
      whatnots) to be accepted, so if desired by you, I will try and take some
      more with less resolutions to fit under the 100 whatnots and then add them
      to the report.

      Kindly advise in due course.

      In answer to your question on my backpacking break, it was thoroughly
      enjoyable and the scenery was a pleasure to behold especially the river
      views and karri forest.

      Kind regards

      Ralph.

    • edwardripleyduggan
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2005
        Hello Ralph,

        Subject to adjusting the HTML problems noted in my off-lisy message to
        you, you have approval to upload your Snowgum review to:

        http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Shelters/Tents/Snowgum%20Storm%20Shelter%202%20Tent/

        or

        http://tinyurl.com/cbqvx

        When uploading your Owner Review, please ensure you select the button
        marked Owner Review.

        support group,

        BGTFileUploadHelp @

        As this is your second approved review, if you have submitted a Tester
        Agreement, for which see:

        \
        20Docs/

        that has been acknowledged, you are now eligible to participate in
        the testing process by applying for tests. If you have not yet sent
        the form in, please do so at your convenience.

        For further details see

        http://www.backpackgeartest.org/lesson.php?lesson=BecomeTester&page=9

        You will also need to join:

        This is where everything related to Tests and Testing takes place.

        However, please don't stop writing Owner Reviews. The more Owner
        Reviews you write, the better you will get at report writing
        and this won't go unnoticed when Test Moderators are choosing testers.

        Thanks for all your hard work!

        Best,

        Ted

        BGT OR EDITOR
      • Marie-Noëlle Augendre
        Message 3 of 5 , May 1, 2005
          You don't need to take other pictures to get smaller jpeg files. Many
          programs allow you to choose size/resolution when saving a jpeg file;
          just make a copy of those you already have.

          Marie-Noelle,
          Just learning to "play" with pictures.

          On 5/1/05, Ralph Ditton <rdassetts@...> wrote:
          > Hello Ted,
          >

          > Thank you for taking up my Owner Review and giving it the once over.
          >
          > I had a lot of help with the structure from Christine Korhonen who is my
          > mentor provided by your organisation. It is a wonderful help and all budding
          > testers should avail themselves of the programme, in my humble opinion.
          >

          > As requested, I have uploaded the report to the test file with the
          > appropriate amendments as directed by your good self.
          >

          > I did take photos of the tent, but unfortunately they had too many jpegs (or
          > whatnots) to be accepted, so if desired by you, I will try and take some
          > more with less resolutions to fit under the 100 whatnots and then add them
          > to the report.
          >

          > Kindly advise in due course.
          >

          > In answer to your question on my backpacking break, it was thoroughly
          > enjoyable and the scenery was a pleasure to behold especially the river
          > views and karri forest.
          >

          > Kind regards
          >

          > Ralph.

          > To read our reviews, please visit
          > http://www.backpackgeartest.org/

          Marie-Noelle
          Wilderness Addict
          http://mnaugendre.blogspot.com/
        • edwardripleyduggan
          Message 4 of 5 , May 1, 2005
            Marie-Noëlle,

            Another very valuable tool with jpegs is to play with the compression.
            This is what's termed "lossy" -- meaning that, the higher you push
            the compression, the more "artefacts" your images will show -- but for
            the Web, quite high compressions will often look just fine. Some
            programs, e.g. ImageReady, will automatically optimize the image,
            though often manual adjustment will give you better results.

            Ted.

            --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, Marie-Noëlle Augendre

            Message 5 of 5 , May 1, 2005
              Hi Ted,
              I was aware of that, but didn't find the correct expression on the
              spur of the moment. Just wanted to tell him he didn't have to take
              more pictures, just play a bit with those he already got.
              Anyway, thanks for the precision; my english needs polishing, and I'm
              getting plenty of that via BGT, thanks to you and the other members.

              Marie-Noelle