Re: EDIT: OR - Sea to Summit Thermolite Reactor - Ralph

  • rcaffin
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2005
      Steve:

      > Fabric : Thermolite by Dupont
      > ***EDIT: "Thermolite® by DuPont"
      I believe we do not really require the (R) symbol as it is legally
      sufficient to capitalise the word Thermolite.
      But it might be as well to check American requirements.

      Cheers
      Roger Caffin
    • Nazdarovye
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1, 2005
        Thanks, Roger.

        There were two issues here: proper internal capitalization of DuPont,
        plus the ® symbol.

        My understanding is that the ® is supposed to be used with the first
        mention of a registered name in text, and may be omitted thereafter.

        In practice, many people omit it.

        - Steve

      • jetriple@rockwellcollins.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 4, 2005
          Actually, the consensus we reached a while back is "no trademark symbols".
          Period. It adds clutter and is not necessary. That being said... If
          someone has them in their features list at the beginning of a review, they
          probably are okay. If they appear everywhere throughout a review the
          reviewer will be asked to remove them. If they aren't there... they
          should never be asked to add them. Brand name capitalization should
          always be correct... and edited accordingly.

          James T.
          BGT Edit Moderator

          ----- Forwarded by James E Triplett/CedarRapids/RockwellCollins on
          04/04/2005 08:10 AM -----

          James E Triplett/CedarRapids/RockwellCollins wrote on 04/04/2005 08:09:55
          AM:

          > Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 08:33:49 -0800
          > From: Nazdarovye <nazdarovye@...>
          > Subject: Re: Re: EDIT: OR - Sea to Summit Thermolite Reactor - Ralph
          >
          > Thanks, Roger.
          >
          > There were two issues here: proper internal capitalization of DuPont,
          > plus the ® symbol.
          >
          > My understanding is that the ® is supposed to be used with the first
          > mention of a registered name in text, and may be omitted thereafter.
          >
          > In practice, many people omit it.
          >
          > - Steve
          >
          > On Apr 1, 2005, at 2:51 AM, rcaffin wrote:
          >
          > > Steve:
          > >
          > >> Fabric : Thermolite by Dupont
          > >> ***EDIT: "Thermolite® by DuPont"
          > > I believe we do not really require the (R) symbol as it is legally
          > > sufficient to capitalise the word Thermolite.
          > > But it might be as well to check American requirements.
          > >
          > > Cheers
          > > Roger Caffin

        • Nazdarovye
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 4, 2005