Re: Books?

  • thegeophile
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 30, 2001
      I'd be interested in Book Reviews. I hate getting what I think is a
      good guide book for a region, only to find out that it's not accurate
      or slightly misleading. Kinda hard to plan trips to new areas that
      way.

      These should be reviews on par with the gear we're already testing. A
      report that simply glosses over the book and does not subject it to
      critical review. I'd like to see the good and bad points of the book,
      in addition to field testing of the trails or, if the book is on
      techniques, how well the book instructs the user on how to impliment
      these techniques. Are there pictures or illustrations? Maps? Things
      along that line.

      Just my two pennies.

      Sonjia