Re: How long should a piece of gear be used in order to submit a review?

  • Andy Mytys
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 3, 2005
      --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "colonelcorn76"
      <colonelcorn76@y...> wrote:

      > > There's the question in my mind about whether I should apply to
      > > test gear or not, and if how many days I plan on backpacking in a
      > > given year is 'enough'. I know it probably varies from item to
      > > item, but is there a general rule of thumb?
      >
      > ### Nope. It's entirely based on how your test plan exercises the
      > item and whether that provides a fair test of the gear. It can be
      > as little as a day -- ever use an Oral-B Brush-Up...it's a once-and
      > done product. That's what we pay the test moderators the big bucks
      > for - to determine how much is enough.

      Hey... I want a refund! :)

      Those Oral-B strips might be a one-time use item, but the question
      for this backpacker is if prolonged use will keep plaque build-up at
      bay. I'm not so much interested in how it cleans the teeth when used
      once as much as how clean those teeth stay when its used regularly.

      Yes, the question of "how much use is enough for a review" certainly
      is a complex one.