EDIT: REPOST OWNER REVIEW - GSI Lexan Plate

  • edwardripleyduggan
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2, 2005
      Hello Becki,

      Thanks for getting back so fast. I picked up your other note regarding
      the title. Yes, please reinsert. Note edits/suggestions below, which
      are not too numerous. Incorporate these, then upload the review in
      HTML form to the OR folder at

      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/test/OWNER%20REVIEWS/

      and notify me on list (plus a sideband e-mail would be handy).

      You'll need to log on first, of course. BTW, if you need any HTML
      help, BGT does have a forum for HTML assistance.

      Ted (OR Editor)

      Here goes:

      Tester Bio:
      Name: Rebecca (Becki) Stacy
      Age: 31
      Height: 5' 3" (1.6 m)
      Weight: 150 lbs (68 kg)
      Email address:beckistacy at comcast dot net
      City, State, Country: Royal Oak, MI USA
      Date: March 2, 2005

      > Backpacking Background:
      > I got bitten by the backpacking bug in 1994 when I was serving a
      > volunteer internship at the Grand Canyon. My first backpacking trip
      > was the same week that I arrived, with gear borrowed from the trail
      > crew supply room. Since 1998 my husband and I have usually spent at
      > least a long weekend car camping, mostly somewhere in Michigan.
      > We've spent 1 night in the Grand Canyon, and in 2004 we spent 6
      > nights hiking the Pictured Rocks. When hiking the Pictured Rocks we
      > took everything but the kitchen sink. We are currently re-working
      > our gear list to pare down our weight a little without giving up the
      > luxury items we enjoy.

      ### This is much better. I count 113 words. If you can cull a few more
      (e.g. just "re-working our gear list" rather than "currently
      reworking") it'll pass muster just fine. Thanks!

      > Diameter:9.75" (24.8 cm)
      > Depth:1.25" (3.2 cm)

      ### space after colon

      > varied from lows in the 50s F (teens C) at night to low 80s F (high
      > 20s C)in the days.

      ### (teens C)? Confusing, I feel. I'd prefer the wording (around 10 C)
      fot the low end and (around 25 C) for the high end. It does get a bit
      tricky when using ranges in two different systems of mensuration, I'd
      agree!

      > Overall, it
      > performed its designated function properly, faithfully keeping our
      > food contained while eating.

      ### Overall, they performed their designated function properly...

      That's about it, so far as my befuddled brain can determine (I have a
      bad cold). If you used the plates on other trips, I would like some
      indication of that (extent of use). Normally, we like to have the OR
      come from greater experience of the artifact than a single trip. On
      the other hand, to paraphrase Gertrude Stein, "A plate is a plate is a
      plate..." <g>.