EDIT: OR Bozeman Orange Titanium tent stakes

  • colonelcorn76
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2005
      Hi Roger,
      Nice tight review of the pegs. A couple of very minor things to take a
      look at but otherwise no biggie. I'm going to make you come back with
      a repost though because you need to tighten up your bio and I want to
      take a look at it before you post it up on BGT (right now it's 1/8th
      of your review here and about 3 times as long as we're looking for).

      When you're ready, please repost it to the list with REPOST in the
      subject line.

      Thanks,
      Jim
      Edit Moderator

      --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Roger Caffin"
      <r.caffin@t...> wrote:
      > Listed weight: 6.71 g +/- 0.10 g (0.2368 oz +/- 0.0036 oz)

      ### A *little* more precision than is probably necessary ;-)

      > accessories. From the website it would seem that
      > <http://www.backpackinglight.com>Backpacking Light (BPL) is the
      major retail

      ### We'll let this link stay simply because it appears they're in
      effect the "sales arm" of Bozeman.

      > information from the BPL website instead. By way of added
      information, BPL
      > list these pegs at US$19.99 for 6: not very cheap, but possible.

      ### "lists"

      > above. Very similar titanium wire pegs are available from other
      sources such
      > as <mailto:simmet@c...>Simon Metals Company but these Bozeman ones are

      ### Lose the email link (mailto:simmet@c...) above. If people want to
      get in touch with Simon Metals they can Google them. Once you start
      putting links to alternative products/mfg it won't end -- everyone
      will want theirs listed too.

      > buying it (I tried), it would be within the bounds of reason to
      speculate
      > that Simon Metals supply the basic pegs and that Bozeman apply the
      orange

      ### "supplies" and "applies" (both subjects are singular despite the
      "s" in Metals)

      > hardware store. This is illustrated to the right: it looks rather
      similar I
      > think.

      ### Actually not from the picture in the test folder. Doesn't look
      like much yellow stuck.

      > Is the paint of any value?

      ### Is the paint reflective at all or just bright orange? Do they show
      up better in a flashlight beam than in normal daylight? Do they show
      up well enough in a flashlight/headlamp beam so dropping them at night
      is not a problem?

      > Backpacking Background
      >
      > I started bushwalking (the Australian term) when I was about 14
      years old
      ><snip>
      > BackpackingLight.com in America.

      ### You have to tighten this up a bit Roger. I know there's lots to
      your background but we're trying to keep these to about 100 quality
      words of wisdom about your background & style.