Re: EDIT: FR - Dahlgren Dri-Stride Alpaca Light Hiking Socks - Bill

  • AsABat
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 20, 2005
      Rami-

      I've changed some of the measurement conversions but left others as
      is to preserve the conversational style I'm looking for. See below
      for details. The photos and HTML version will be up by Saturday.

      Thanks,

      Bill

      --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, Rami <noble.path@c...> wrote:
      > 46 year old male, 6'4" (193 cm) tall, 225 pounds (102 kg)
      > Terrain varies from sea level to 14,000 feet (4,300 m)
      > Conditions ranged from sunny and warm (84 F, 29C) to heavy rain and
      cold
      > (35 F, 2 C)

      ###Response: I put the actual temperatures in parentheses as they
      qualify the terms "warm" and "cold." It seemed more concise than a
      second sentence mentioning what the temperatures were.

      > with average daily miles of about five miles (8 km).

      ###Response: I've changed "five" to "5." Although the former is
      preferred in normal writing, the latter is probably better for the
      more technical nature of a review.

      > These will include a snow camp at 7,000 feet(2,100 m)
      > I expect temperatures around 15 degrees F (-9C)

      ###Response: I put "degrees" in as I would include that word if
      saying this sentence in a conversation. I did add a space between "9"
      and "C."

      Since it's an issue of style rather than clarity, I trust this is ok.
      If not, let's talk about it some more.

      Bill