review( sigg firestorm multi-fuel stove)

  • thompsoneagle
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2005
      Matt Chasen
      32
      5"10"
      160
      m.chasen@...
      Columbia, mo 65203
      usa

      Background: Lived and hiked in Missouri for most of my life though I
      didn't get into backpacking till 1995 when me and a friend did twenty-
      two miles in cedar creek with combat boots,old framepacks,and iron
      skillets. Think we both came out with quarter size blister and a good
      lesson about how to prepare for such a trip.My wife and I camp year
      round, since winter time,tends to provide alot of nice hiking weather
      and alot fewer bugs.

      review: Sigg Firejet multi-fuel stove.
      wt. 305 grams

      I have used this stove for a week out and cooked for three people.
      The stove seems pretty effecient in my opinion and was rather easy to
      maintain. Even in sub temps. I was able to fire up the stove and boil
      water quickly. Takes about four minutes to boil a liter of water
      which isn't bad in sub temps where the stove works harder to maintain
      temp. I give this a two thumbs up in being a great stove and would
      only say that if you burn gas or kerosene plan on cleaning the stove
      after every use.