Attention Brian-FR problem fixed

  • edwardripleyduggan
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2005
      The navigation menu has been fixed and should work universally now. A
      minor coding glitch. IE only accepted it because it has a higher
      tolerance for bad html. Thanks for pointing it out!

      Ted.
    • Brian
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 3, 2005
        What was the glitch? I use Firefox as the main one, and will probably
        have this problem soon too.

        Thanks,
        Brian

        On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 22:52:59 -0000, edwardripleyduggan <erd@...> wrote:

        > The navigation menu has been fixed and should work universally now. A
        > minor coding glitch. IE only accepted it because it has a higher
        > tolerance for bad html. Thanks for pointing it out!
        >
        > Ted.

      • edwardripleyduggan
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 3, 2005
          In calling the anchors from the menu at the top, I used the standard
          syntax:

          The actual name for the anchor can be anything, of course.

          The point to which the clicked "text" link moves is defined as

          <a name="anchor"></a>

          What I had done in some over-hasty hand coding (I did the main
          document in Adobe GoLive but, as usual, fiddled around with it in code
          mode) was to write

          <a name="#anchor"></a>

          The presence of the repeated hash-mark was non-conforming, and will
          break the html for a browser that adheres strictly to W3C
          recommendations as outlined at

          http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/struct/links.html

          IE's strength or weakness (take your pick) is that it will accept such
          non-conforming code. Firefox will not--it adheres strictly to the DTDs
          (Document Type Definitions, which are what define any given set of
          document codings such as HTML, XML, etc.).

          Hope that answers your question.

          Ted.

          --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, Brian <tannehillclan@g...> wrote:
          > What was the glitch? I use Firefox as the main one, and will probably
          > have this problem soon too.
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Brian

        • Brian