EDIT for Heather: IR Outdoor Research Celestial Gaiters

  • ss
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 29, 2004
      Hi Heather,

      Thank you for your IR on the Celestial Gaiters

      I have just a few edits for you...

      EDIT: somewhere (under the title, or in tester info etc) you need to put
      "Date of Report" with the date you wrote it.

      >As I plan on testing ease of use in this review, I immediately put
      >the gaiters on without reading the instructions or looking at the
      >website. Happy I didn't take pictures or I'd lose all street cred, I
      >then followed the short directions on the hang tag and put them on
      >properly. From the little knowledge I have of gaiters, I was
      >expecting Velcro up the sides, some snap closures, and a strap to go
      >under the shoe.

      EDIT: You were expecting Velcro etc, but it is unclear to me reading this
      if this is
      what you found on the gaiters or just what you were expecting? I'm not real
      familiar with gaiters myself so am unsure. Could you reword this just a bit
      to make it clear if the actual gaiters
      have these features you expected?

      >The book lace hook is a pretty neat idea that I
      >wasn't expecting, and the adjustable buckle at the top will also be
      >very useful in the fit and function of the gaiter.

      EDIT: Think it should be "boot lace hook" rather than "book"

      >Once I got the
      >idea, they are easy to use but apparently not novice proof. I plan
      >to test them over two different kinds of shoes, so my next step was
      >the fit them over both. They fit pretty much the same way and were
      >easy to use once I looked at the instructions. The gaiters fit
      >tighter over my calves when I tried them on wearing a heavier pant
      >leading me to think I would possible need a larger size if I was
      >wearing these over heavy pants in some serious weather.

      EDIT: Last sentence here "possibly" rather than "possible"

      Thank you again Heather!,

      stephanie swaim
      monitor