Re: [BackpackGearTest] New test

  • Jack Voss
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 13, 2001
      Mike asks, "how do test the effectiveness of the filter (I.e. its ability to provide organism free water) without a microbi lab to culture and perform microscopy on the samples?" Mike, if you die, the filter fails. ;-}

      It's like the 50 year old guy preparing to marry a 20year old gal. His doctor advised him it could be fatal. "Well, if she dies - she dies."

      On a serious note, I've always been impressed with the Pur water treatment units. They not only filter out bud stuff, they use iodine and activated charcoal to kill the left overs. It sounds to this layman as thought the Pur units go one step further. If I'm going to make a mistake on drinking water, I'd hope to make it in the direction of too much safety. I already enjoyed the experience of bad water in Viet Nam. Not fun.

      I'm looking forward to being involved in this round of tests.

      Kayak Jack
      Doing what you like is FREEDOM
      Liking what you do is HAPPINESS