Department of the Interior websites.

  • Ron Martino
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 6, 2001
      According to a story posted on Slashdot (http://slashdot.org/), the
      whole of the Department of the Interior's web presence has been ordered
      shut down. This includes such agencies as the BLM, USGS and the Park
      Service. I'm trying them now, and neither the Interior's website, nor
      the BLM or USGS sites come up, but the Park Service still works. If you
      need any information from them, you might want to grab a copy soon. This
      should be a temporary outage, but how long it will last is hard to say.

      I'm sending this to a number of lists so the word gets out. I apologize
      for those of you who have to see it multiple times.

      Ron
      --

      yumitori(AT)montana(DOT)com
    • David Anderson
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 6, 2001
        Before anyone get's too upset about the judge's order, they should follow
        the link to the Indian Trust web site and read the article.

        It's an inconvienience for us, but considering what is at stake, I believe
        it was the right decision.

        Ron Martino writes:

        > According to a story posted on Slashdot (http://slashdot.org/), the
        > whole of the Department of the Interior's web presence has been ordered
        > shut down. This includes such agencies as the BLM, USGS and the Park
        > Service. I'm trying them now, and neither the Interior's website, nor
        > the BLM or USGS sites come up, but the Park Service still works. If you
        > need any information from them, you might want to grab a copy soon. This
        > should be a temporary outage, but how long it will last is hard to say.
        >
        > I'm sending this to a number of lists so the word gets out. I apologize
        > for those of you who have to see it multiple times.
        >
        > Ron
        > --
        >
        > yumitori(AT)montana(DOT)com

      • Rob
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 6, 2001
          --- David Anderson <squtch@...>
          wrote:
          > Before anyone get's too upset about the judge's
          > order, they should follow
          > the link to the Indian Trust web site and read the
          > article.

          Cool. We'll add the BGT and BPL to the Slashdot
          effect.

          > It's an inconvienience for us, but considering what
          > is at stake, I believe
          > it was the right decision.
          >
          > Ron Martino writes:
          >

          > > According to a story posted on Slashdot
          > (http://slashdot.org/), the
          > > whole of the Department of the Interior's web
          > presence has been ordered
          > > shut down. This includes such agencies as the BLM,
          > USGS and the Park
          > > Service. I'm trying them now, and neither the
          > Interior's website, nor
          > > the BLM or USGS sites come up, but the Park
          > Service still works. If you
          > > need any information from them, you might want to
          > grab a copy soon. This
          > > should be a temporary outage, but how long it will
          > last is hard to say.
          > >
          > > I'm sending this to a number of lists so the word
          > gets out. I apologize
          > > for those of you who have to see it multiple
          > times.
          > >
          > > Ron
          > > --
          > >
          > > yumitori(AT)montana(DOT)com

          > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          http://greetings.yahoo.com
        • David Anderson
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 6, 2001
            Somehow I doubt that our 600 will make all that much difference, especially
            since it was only /.ed for a short time before coming back up. It's
            responding fairly quick right now.