Re: [BackpackGearTest] RE: New file uploaded to BackpackGearTest.org by Jodi Cornelius

  • Banjo Doje
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 1, 2004
      Um, I checked my html on my computer and it was fine. I re-uploaded
      and it's fixed. There's something squirrelly (like I said in the
      other response) when I upload sometimes because this is the second
      time this has happened. Funny thing is, when I checked my report in
      the test folder, the link was fine. I didn't think to check it again
      in the actual folder.

      <shrug>
      Fixed anyway.

      Jodi who is more confused than she was before and then she was totally confused.

      On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 12:01:49 -0500, Chuck Kime <ckime@...> wrote:

      > > A new file has been uploaded at:
      > > http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Shelters/Hammocks/Hennessy%20Super%20Shelter/Jodi%20Cornelius/Initial%20Report
      >
      > Jodi,
      >
      > Your manufacturer's link points back to the report. Plus, the text for the link needs to read "http://www..."
      >
      > Fuzzy
      > Supershelter Monitor

      > This email transmission and any associated attachments may contain information that is privileged or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient and you received this transmission in error, please delete it and notify the sender immediately. Thank you for your compliance.
      >
      > SERVICES PROVIDED BY THE NELSON GROUP OF COMPANIES.

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather
      to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body
      thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ~ WOOHOO what a
      ride!"
    • Banjo Doje
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 1, 2004
        And that // was in my html but it didn't upload with it. Weirdness -
        I just did a scan for virui and trojans and I have nothing. But yeah,
        if you are putting in the http: you need the //

        Jodi who is still cornfused but fixed.

        On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 22:07:55 -0000, Fuzzy <ckime@...> wrote:

        > --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, <jetriple@r...> wrote:
        > > Fuzzy - I believe you are mistaken. Well, you are correct in that
        > the link is messed up. But I don't believe that the "http://" is
        > required in uploaded reports, only in the e-mail reports in order to
        > make the link clickable. As long as the "http://" is part of the
        > link (in the HTML version) then the text can stand alone
        > as "www.hennessyhammocks.com" in this case. This makes the URL
        > easily readable, and if loaded correctly, clickable as well.
        >
        > Jet,
        >
        > I agree in principle. However, Jodi had
        > http:www.hennessyhammocks.com - if you're gonna include the http:,
        > you should include the // - IMO.
        >
        > No further comments from me.
        >
        > Fuzzy

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather
        to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body
        thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ~ WOOHOO what a
        ride!"
      • edwardripleyduggan
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 1, 2004
          Jodie's link is working now, tested in Firefox.
        • Andrew Priest
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 2, 2004
            At 05:49 AM 2/11/2004, you wrote:
            >Fuzzy - I believe you are mistaken. Well, you are correct in that the
            >link is messed up. But I don't believe that the "<http://>http://" is
            >required in
            >uploaded reports, only in the e-mail reports in order to make the link
            >clickable. As long as the "<http://>http://" is part of the link (in the
            >HTML
            >version) then the text can stand alone as "www.hennessyhammocks.com" in
            >this case. This makes the URL easily readable, and if loaded correctly,
            >clickable as well.

            Hi Jet and Fuzzy

            >Jet is correct, either format is acceptable, however, my experience is
            >that frequently (way to frequently) URL in the format
            >"www.hennessyhammocks.com" does not work correctly on the website, if not
            >coded correctly. They often become "internal" links resulting in page not
            >found erros.

            Regards
            Andrew

          • Andrew Priest
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 2, 2004
              At 06:07 AM 2/11/2004, you wrote:

              >I agree in principle. However, Jodi had
              >http:www.hennessyhammocks.com - if you're gonna include the http:,
              >you should include the // - IMO.

              Good catch Fuzzy ... glad to see monitors now picking up on the bad links
              before I get to them.

              Andrew