Re: New file uploaded to BackpackGearTest.org by Jodi Cornelius

  • Fuzzy
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 1, 2004
      --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, <jetriple@r...> wrote:
      > Fuzzy - I believe you are mistaken. Well, you are correct in that
      the link is messed up. But I don't believe that the "http://" is
      required in uploaded reports, only in the e-mail reports in order to
      make the link clickable. As long as the "http://" is part of the
      link (in the HTML version) then the text can stand alone
      as "www.hennessyhammocks.com" in this case. This makes the URL
      easily readable, and if loaded correctly, clickable as well.

      Jet,

      I agree in principle. However, Jodi had
      http:www.hennessyhammocks.com - if you're gonna include the http:,
      you should include the // - IMO.

      No further comments from me.

      Fuzzy
    • Banjo Doje
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 1, 2004
        Um, I checked my html on my computer and it was fine. I re-uploaded
        and it's fixed. There's something squirrelly (like I said in the
        other response) when I upload sometimes because this is the second
        time this has happened. Funny thing is, when I checked my report in
        the test folder, the link was fine. I didn't think to check it again
        in the actual folder.

        <shrug>
        Fixed anyway.

        Jodi who is more confused than she was before and then she was totally confused.

        On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 12:01:49 -0500, Chuck Kime <ckime@...> wrote:

        > > A new file has been uploaded at:
        > > http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Shelters/Hammocks/Hennessy%20Super%20Shelter/Jodi%20Cornelius/Initial%20Report
        >
        > Jodi,
        >
        > Your manufacturer's link points back to the report. Plus, the text for the link needs to read "http://www..."
        >
        > Fuzzy
        > Supershelter Monitor

        > This email transmission and any associated attachments may contain information that is privileged or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient and you received this transmission in error, please delete it and notify the sender immediately. Thank you for your compliance.
        >
        > SERVICES PROVIDED BY THE NELSON GROUP OF COMPANIES.

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather
        to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body
        thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ~ WOOHOO what a
        ride!"
      • Banjo Doje
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 1, 2004
          And that // was in my html but it didn't upload with it. Weirdness -
          I just did a scan for virui and trojans and I have nothing. But yeah,
          if you are putting in the http: you need the //

          Jodi who is still cornfused but fixed.

          On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 22:07:55 -0000, Fuzzy <ckime@...> wrote:

          > --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, <jetriple@r...> wrote:
          > > Fuzzy - I believe you are mistaken. Well, you are correct in that
          > the link is messed up. But I don't believe that the "http://" is
          > required in uploaded reports, only in the e-mail reports in order to
          > make the link clickable. As long as the "http://" is part of the
          > link (in the HTML version) then the text can stand alone
          > as "www.hennessyhammocks.com" in this case. This makes the URL
          > easily readable, and if loaded correctly, clickable as well.
          >
          > Jet,
          >
          > I agree in principle. However, Jodi had
          > http:www.hennessyhammocks.com - if you're gonna include the http:,
          > you should include the // - IMO.
          >
          > No further comments from me.
          >
          > Fuzzy

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather
          to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body
          thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ~ WOOHOO what a
          ride!"
        • edwardripleyduggan
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 1, 2004
            Jodie's link is working now, tested in Firefox.
          • Andrew Priest
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 2, 2004
              At 05:49 AM 2/11/2004, you wrote:
              >Fuzzy - I believe you are mistaken. Well, you are correct in that the
              >link is messed up. But I don't believe that the "<http://>http://" is
              >required in
              >uploaded reports, only in the e-mail reports in order to make the link
              >clickable. As long as the "<http://>http://" is part of the link (in the
              >HTML
              >version) then the text can stand alone as "www.hennessyhammocks.com" in
              >this case. This makes the URL easily readable, and if loaded correctly,
              >clickable as well.

              Hi Jet and Fuzzy

              >Jet is correct, either format is acceptable, however, my experience is
              >that frequently (way to frequently) URL in the format
              >"www.hennessyhammocks.com" does not work correctly on the website, if not
              >coded correctly. They often become "internal" links resulting in page not
              >found erros.

              Regards
              Andrew

            • Andrew Priest
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 2, 2004
                At 06:07 AM 2/11/2004, you wrote:

                >I agree in principle. However, Jodi had
                >http:www.hennessyhammocks.com - if you're gonna include the http:,
                >you should include the // - IMO.

                Good catch Fuzzy ... glad to see monitors now picking up on the bad links
                before I get to them.

                Andrew