Re: [BackpackGearTest] Re: RE: New file uploaded to BackpackGearTest.org by Jodi Cornelius

  • Banjo Doje
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 1, 2004
      I'll fix it again but there's something squirrelly on my end because
      when I have my links in the report, they are correct - they just get
      scrambled somewhere along the lines. I'll correct it and re-upload it.

      Sorry about that.
      Jodi who is totally confused.

      On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 15:49:14 -0600, jetriple@...
      <jetriple@...> wrote:

      > Fuzzy - I believe you are mistaken. Well, you are correct in that the
      > link is messed up. But I don't believe that the "http://" is required in
      > uploaded reports, only in the e-mail reports in order to make the link
      > clickable. As long as the "http://" is part of the link (in the HTML
      > version) then the text can stand alone as "www.hennessyhammocks.com" in
      > this case. This makes the URL easily readable, and if loaded correctly,
      > clickable as well.
      >
      > Jet
      >
      > > Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 12:01:49 -0500
      > > From: "Chuck Kime" <ckime@...>
      > >Subject: RE: New file uploaded to BackpackGearTest.org by Jodi Cornelius
      > >
      > >> A new file has been uploaded at:
      > >>
      > http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Shelters/Hammocks/Hennessy%20Super%20Shelter/Jodi%20Cornelius/Initial%20Report
      > >
      > >Jodi,
      > >
      > >Your manufacturer's link points back to the report. Plus, the text for
      > the link needs to read "http://www..."
      > >
      > >Fuzzy
      > >Supershelter Monitor

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather
      to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body
      thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ~ WOOHOO what a
      ride!"
    • Fuzzy
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 1, 2004
        --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, <jetriple@r...> wrote:
        > Fuzzy - I believe you are mistaken. Well, you are correct in that
        the link is messed up. But I don't believe that the "http://" is
        required in uploaded reports, only in the e-mail reports in order to
        make the link clickable. As long as the "http://" is part of the
        link (in the HTML version) then the text can stand alone
        as "www.hennessyhammocks.com" in this case. This makes the URL
        easily readable, and if loaded correctly, clickable as well.

        Jet,

        I agree in principle. However, Jodi had
        http:www.hennessyhammocks.com - if you're gonna include the http:,
        you should include the // - IMO.

        No further comments from me.

        Fuzzy
      • Banjo Doje
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 1, 2004
          Um, I checked my html on my computer and it was fine. I re-uploaded
          and it's fixed. There's something squirrelly (like I said in the
          other response) when I upload sometimes because this is the second
          time this has happened. Funny thing is, when I checked my report in
          the test folder, the link was fine. I didn't think to check it again
          in the actual folder.

          <shrug>
          Fixed anyway.

          Jodi who is more confused than she was before and then she was totally confused.

          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 1, 2004
            And that // was in my html but it didn't upload with it. Weirdness -
            I just did a scan for virui and trojans and I have nothing. But yeah,
            if you are putting in the http: you need the //

            Jodi who is still cornfused but fixed.

            On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 22:07:55 -0000, Fuzzy <ckime@...> wrote:

            > --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, <jetriple@r...> wrote:
            > > Fuzzy - I believe you are mistaken. Well, you are correct in that
            > the link is messed up. But I don't believe that the "http://" is
            > required in uploaded reports, only in the e-mail reports in order to
            > make the link clickable. As long as the "http://" is part of the
            > link (in the HTML version) then the text can stand alone
            > as "www.hennessyhammocks.com" in this case. This makes the URL
            > easily readable, and if loaded correctly, clickable as well.
            >
            > Jet,
            >
            > I agree in principle. However, Jodi had
            > http:www.hennessyhammocks.com - if you're gonna include the http:,
            > you should include the // - IMO.
            >
            > No further comments from me.
            >
            > Fuzzy

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

            arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather
            to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body
            thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ~ WOOHOO what a
            ride!"
          • edwardripleyduggan
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 1, 2004
              Jodie's link is working now, tested in Firefox.
            • Andrew Priest
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 2, 2004
                At 05:49 AM 2/11/2004, you wrote:
                >Fuzzy - I believe you are mistaken. Well, you are correct in that the
                >link is messed up. But I don't believe that the "<http://>http://" is
                >required in
                >uploaded reports, only in the e-mail reports in order to make the link
                >clickable. As long as the "<http://>http://" is part of the link (in the
                >HTML
                >version) then the text can stand alone as "www.hennessyhammocks.com" in
                >this case. This makes the URL easily readable, and if loaded correctly,
                >clickable as well.

                Hi Jet and Fuzzy

                >Jet is correct, either format is acceptable, however, my experience is
                >that frequently (way to frequently) URL in the format
                >"www.hennessyhammocks.com" does not work correctly on the website, if not
                >coded correctly. They often become "internal" links resulting in page not
                >found erros.

                Regards
                Andrew

              • Andrew Priest
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 2, 2004
                  At 06:07 AM 2/11/2004, you wrote:

                  >I agree in principle. However, Jodi had
                  >http:www.hennessyhammocks.com - if you're gonna include the http:,
                  >you should include the // - IMO.

                  Good catch Fuzzy ... glad to see monitors now picking up on the bad links
                  before I get to them.

                  Andrew