EDIT - OR Sombrero - Fuzzy

  • rick@backpackgeartest.org
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2004
      Edit - OR Sombrero - Fuzzy
      Tester Chuck Kime
      Monitor Rick Allnutt
      Product: Outdoor Research Sahara Sombrero
      Posted 1 Nov 04

      Hi Fuzzy,

      Sorry it took me so long to get to this. Edited from the HTML:

      *************

      Pass one - spell check - passes

      **************

      Pass two - human check

      Listed weight: none

      ### At least today, the OR site lists:
      Avg. weight: 3 oz./85 g (size L)
      for the Sahara Sombrero

      MSRP: $33 USD
      ### Using the convention that the editors have agreed upon, this should be
      either
      US$33 or $33 US. (D stands for dollars which is included in the dollar sign...)

      Backpacking Background
      ### Comment: Fuzzy, it's been a while (18 months I think) since you began to
      "rethink your gear choices." Maybe it is time for an update to your present
      pack weight in the background paragraph.

      Nice simple review on a simple piece of gear. I continue to enjoy your "to the
      point" reviews. After you upload the report, carve one more notch on the
      walking stick.

      Rick
      Sahara Sombrero Monitor
    • Fuzzy
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2004
        --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, rick@b... wrote:
        > Sorry it took me so long to get to this.

        Geez... I only posted it this morning. How much quicker could you
        have been?

        > Listed weight: none
        >
        > ### At least today, the OR site lists:
        > Avg. weight: 3 oz./85 g (size L)
        > for the Sahara Sombrero

        You know, I should add "re-check manufacturer's info" to my report
        process. This is not the first time data has changed over the course
        of a test.

        > MSRP: $33 USD
        > ### Using the convention that the editors have agreed upon, this
        should be either US$33 or $33 US. (D stands for dollars which is
        included in the dollar sign...)

        Sigh... OK

        > Backpacking Background
        > ### Comment: Fuzzy, it's been a while (18 months I think) since
        you began to "rethink your gear choices." Maybe it is time for an
        update to your present pack weight in the background paragraph.

        I am still working on the bio. I will take that into account going
        forward.

        > Nice simple review on a simple piece of gear. I continue to enjoy
        your "to the point" reviews. After you upload the report, carve one
        more notch on the walking stick.

        Thanks. Although I am not permitted to carve any notches at this
        time - not allowed to modify the gear until the test is over. :->
      • Mark Bayern
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 1, 2004

          > Thanks. Although I am not permitted to carve any notches at this
          > time - not allowed to modify the gear until the test is over. :->

          From what I've read about that walking stick, there isn't enough
          material to carve a notch into, is there?
        • Andrew Priest
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 2, 2004
            At 03:26 AM 2/11/2004, you wrote:

            >--- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, rick@b... wrote:
            > > Sorry it took me so long to get to this.
            >
            >Geez... I only posted it this morning. How much quicker could you
            >have been?

            Not faster enough :-) There was a post between yours and Ricks which meant
            I had move spots in the database. Come on Rick, I expect better :-)

            Andrew, Sir