Re: [BackpackGearTest] Is the Tarp Big Enough ?

  • Jack Voss
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 27, 2000
      To; Bill Murdoch,

      See my comments at <http://www.egroups.com/files/BackpackGearTest/Hennessy+Hammock/NON-TESTER+COMMENTS/Hennessy+Hammock+User+Comments%23+200012210223Z.htm> I understand the newer rain flies are larger.. E-mail me back channel & I will give you more information. <vossj@...>

      Jack Voss

      >>> WSMurdoch@... 27 December, 2000 11:47:05 AM >>>
      I bought a Hennessy Hammock in June from REI in Atlanta. I spent six nights
      in it on the AT in Tennessee, but it did not rain.

      I wonder if the trap is big enough to protect the hammock in a blowing
      rainstorm. (1) The hammock hangs below the tarp and sideways rain might wet
      the hammock. (2) The tarp is cut straight on the two sides that are parallel
      to the warp, but has a 3 1/2" hollow on the two sides that are cut on the
      bias. It looks a little skimpy over my shoulder on the side with the hollow
      cut; maybe skimpy to get my shoulder wet. (3) There does not seem to be any
      sort of drip stopper on the support ropes. Will water run down the ropes and
      wet the hammock ends ?

      Looking through the tester files, I did not see anyone who had tried the
      hammock in cold and wet conditions. Does anyone have any experience ?

      Bill Murdoch