Roger Caffin and Wild Magazine

  • Andrew Priest
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 28 8:38 PM
      Hi Group

      Roger will probably kill me for this, but I couldn't resist. The latest
      edition of Wild Magazine No. 94 (Spring Oct - Dec, 2004), probably the
      leading bushwalking magazine in Australia, has an article titled
      "Ultra-light Walking" written by the venerable Roger Caffin :-). Roger
      also manages to squeeze in a reference to BackpackGearTest.org in the
      article. Thanks for that Roger and well done on the article.

      Wild Magazine can be found online at
      <http://www.wild.com.au/wild/wildcore.htm> but you can't get the articles
      online :-(

      Regards
      Andrew

    • Dennis Shubitowski
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 30 6:35 AM
        Congrats Roger! If someone could post a pdf in the files section, that
        would be very cool. Always nice to be published - congrats again. -- Dennis

        Andrew Priest wrote:

        >Hi Group
        >
        >Roger will probably kill me for this, but I couldn't resist. The latest
        >edition of Wild Magazine No. 94 (Spring Oct - Dec, 2004), probably the
        >leading bushwalking magazine in Australia, has an article titled
        >"Ultra-light Walking" written by the venerable Roger Caffin :-). Roger
        >also manages to squeeze in a reference to BackpackGearTest.org in the
        >article. Thanks for that Roger and well done on the article.
        >
        >Wild Magazine can be found online at
        ><http://www.wild.com.au/wild/wildcore.htm> but you can't get the articles
        >online :-(
        >
        >Regards
        >Andrew

      • Roger Caffin
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 30 2:02 PM
          Andrew Priest wrote:
          >Roger will probably kill me for this, but I couldn't resist. The latest
          >edition of Wild Magazine No. 94 (Spring Oct - Dec, 2004), probably the
          >leading bushwalking magazine in Australia, has an article titled
          >"Ultra-light Walking" written by the venerable Roger Caffin :-).
          Nah, we tolerate the sandgropers ...

          Dennis Shubitowski wrote
          > Congrats Roger! If someone could post a pdf in the files section, that
          > would be very cool. Always nice to be published
          Somehow I don't think Wild Magazine would be very happy at a breach of
          copyright this close to the date of publication. :-)

          I will see if we can get permission later on. I know the Editor personally.

          Cheers
          Roger Caffin
        • Jerry Goller
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 30 2:23 PM
            That would be nice! I'd like to read it, too.
            Jerry

            reviews and tests on the planet.

            >Roger will probably kill me for this, but I couldn't resist. The latest
            >edition of Wild Magazine No. 94 (Spring Oct - Dec, 2004), probably the
            >leading bushwalking magazine in Australia, has an article titled
            >"Ultra-light Walking" written by the venerable Roger Caffin :-).
            Nah, we tolerate the sandgropers ...

            Dennis Shubitowski wrote
            > Congrats Roger! If someone could post a pdf in the files section, that
            > would be very cool. Always nice to be published
            Somehow I don't think Wild Magazine would be very happy at a breach of
            copyright this close to the date of publication. :-)

            I will see if we can get permission later on. I know the Editor personally.

            Cheers
            Roger Caffin

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • Andrew Priest
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 30 11:38 PM
              At 09:35 PM 30/09/2004, you wrote:
              >Congrats Roger! If someone could post a pdf in the files section, that
              >would be very cool. Always nice to be published - congrats again. -- Dennis

              Hi Dennis

              Can't do that as that would breach copyright.

              Andrew