Would this make a good Owner Review?

  • Joe Martinez
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1 8:06 PM
      I am thinking of doing an Owner Review of my Hubbard Scientific raised
      relief maps. I have a large mosaic of Northern California on my wall,
      which has been a great resource for trip planning, etc.

      Would this be a good thing for a BGT Owner Review?

      -Joe
    • Andy Mytys
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1 8:25 PM
        --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, Joe Martinez <joe@j...>
        wrote:

        > I am thinking of doing an Owner Review of my Hubbard Scientific
        > raised relief maps. I have a large mosaic of Northern California
        > on my wall, which has been a great resource for trip planning, etc.
        >
        > Would this be a good thing for a BGT Owner Review?
        >
        > -Joe

        I would think so. I had one of these for the Reds Meadow area that
        I bought at Devil's Postpile National Monument, IIRC. I'd be
        interested in things like how you got it (via mail?), in what
        condition it arrived, how you use it to plan trips, etc.

        Let's face it, some folks just can't read a topo map. Others just
        have minds that can't convert 2d into 3d. Seeing it all laid out on
        a scale model, including trails, makes it real easy to get a feel
        for the relief and how it will effect your hike.
      • Andrew Priest
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 2 8:17 AM
          At 11:06 AM 2/09/2004, you wrote:
          >I am thinking of doing an Owner Review of my Hubbard Scientific raised
          >relief maps. I have a large mosaic of Northern California on my wall,
          >which has been a great resource for trip planning, etc.
          >
          >Would this be a good thing for a BGT Owner Review?

          Hi Joe

          Interesting concept, however, I have discussed your question with Jerry and
          the man himself has ruled that it would not be acceptable for a BGT Owner
          Review. Now before we go into the pros and cons of this decision, it
          should be clearly understood that this is the decision, full stop. We
          should move on ...

          That said, I am curious about these from a personal perspective and wonder
          if you have a URL for them.

          Well done Joe for asking first ... saved a lot of grief down the track.

          Regards
          Andrew Priest
          Senior Edit Moderator