Re: [BackpackGearTest] Re: Frog Sac FR - Rick

  • Shane
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 1, 2004
      > Be safe and have fun!

      Sometimes those things are mutually exclusive...

      Shane
    • André Corterier
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 1, 2004
        not an edit - I just noticed your FR lacks the MSRP (so does your IR,
        btw).
        Do you have any information on a winter weight frog sac? The
        website's statement "summer weight" seems to hint tantalizingly at
        the existences of a frog sac with s.th. other than "summer weight".
        Anything?
        Anyone?

        Another thing I wonder about - and please don't take this as
        criticism, implied or otherwise, this is just a newbie asking -
        wasn't there a rule against modifying gear before the end of the LTR
        (I always felt that if you've clearly given the gear a good working
        over in the field by the FR, being able to report on mods during the
        LTR would be cool - about half the follow-up reports heralded at the
        end of LTRs never seem to materialize...)?
        It does seem as though having arm holes in that thing would be a no-
        brainer. I can see on the website now that I was mistaken, but
        somehow (even though I'd looked at the website) I had assumed it had
        them already...

        Best,

        André
      • Risk
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 2, 2004
          Hi Andre,

          MSRP is an optional field. But frankly, it was an oversight. I will
          add it to the final draft. Thanks!

          I know nothing about a possibility for a winterweight Frog Sac. Mr.
          Speer makes the PeaPod, which is a down-filled covering for the Speer
          hammock. He also makes several down filled pads which can be used in
          various ways to insulate a hammock or a sleeping bag.

          I think of the Frog Sac as a summerweight sleeping bag or a component
          in a layered winterweight system.

          On modifications: I would not permanently modify gear in any way
          before the LTR is complete because it is not mine. For instance, I
          would not cut fabric. I also would not modify it at all before the
          Field Report. However, a temporary and reversible change, like the
          opening of a (non waterproof) seam, is a type of modification which I
          consider fair game during the LTR, especially if it has potential to
          highlight a potential improvement in the product.

          Rick
          Frog Sac Tester

          --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, André Corterier
          <andre.corterier@b...> wrote:
          > not an edit - I just noticed your FR lacks the MSRP (so does your IR,
          > btw).
          > Do you have any information on a winter weight frog sac? The
          > website's statement "summer weight" seems to hint tantalizingly at
          > the existences of a frog sac with s.th. other than "summer weight".
          > Anything?
          > Anyone?
          >
          > Another thing I wonder about - and please don't take this as
          > criticism, implied or otherwise, this is just a newbie asking -
          > wasn't there a rule against modifying gear before the end of the LTR
          > (I always felt that if you've clearly given the gear a good working
          > over in the field by the FR, being able to report on mods during the
          > LTR would be cool - about half the follow-up reports heralded at the
          > end of LTRs never seem to materialize...)?
          > It does seem as though having arm holes in that thing would be a no-
          > brainer. I can see on the website now that I was mistaken, but
          > somehow (even though I'd looked at the website) I had assumed it had
          > them already...
          >
          > Best,
          >
          > André
        • Andrew Priest
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 2, 2004
            At 02:42 PM 2/09/2004, you wrote:
            >not an edit - I just noticed your FR lacks the MSRP (so does your IR,
            >btw).

            It is not a requirement, only a recommendation.

            Regards
            Andrew

          • Jack Corrigan
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 3, 2004
              Thanks for your report, test monitor EDITS/QUESTIONS are below:

              humid fog, I've need to wear long
              NEEDED

              THIRD PARAGRAPH UNDER "REVIEW" (IN HTML) LOOKS LIKE IT BEGINS WITH AN
              EXTRA SPACE

              --

              TEAM JackQuest
              Jack Corrigan, Cyber and Drager
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 4, 2004
                Jack Corrigan wrote:

                >Thanks for your report, test monitor EDITS/QUESTIONS are below:
                >
                >humid fog, I've need to wear long
                >NEEDED
                >
                >THIRD PARAGRAPH UNDER "REVIEW" (IN HTML) LOOKS LIKE IT BEGINS WITH AN
                >EXTRA SPACE
                >
                >rick@... wrote:
                >

                >>Frog Sac FR - Rick
                >>
                >>Product: Speer Frog Sac
                >>Tester: Rick Allnutt

                Thanks for the edits Jack. Taken, and uploaded.

                Rick