Re: Frog Sac FR - Rick

  • tcoug7
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 1, 2004
      --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, rick@b... wrote:
      > Frog Sac FR - Rick
      >
      > Product: Speer Frog Sac
      > Tester: Rick Allnutt
      > Monitor: Jack Corrigan
      >
      > This is turning out to be a great little sleeping bag! I can't
      wait for colder
      > weather to see what its real limits are!

      I couldn't agree more, Rick. I've been getting stares all
      summer "wearing" the Frog Sac! I should push the low end this
      weekend in the Adirondacks...
      Tim
    • rick@backpackgeartest.org
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 1, 2004
        Quoting tcoug7 <tcoug7@...>:

        > --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, rick@b... wrote:
        > > Frog Sac FR - Rick
        > >
        > > Product: Speer Frog Sac
        > > Tester: Rick Allnutt
        > > Monitor: Jack Corrigan
        > >
        > > This is turning out to be a great little sleeping bag! I can't
        > wait for colder
        > > weather to see what its real limits are!
        >
        > I couldn't agree more, Rick. I've been getting stares all
        > summer "wearing" the Frog Sac! I should push the low end this
        > weekend in the Adirondacks...
        > Tim

        Be safe and have fun!

        Rick
      • Shane
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 1, 2004
          > Be safe and have fun!

          Sometimes those things are mutually exclusive...

          Shane
        • André Corterier
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 1, 2004
            not an edit - I just noticed your FR lacks the MSRP (so does your IR,
            btw).
            Do you have any information on a winter weight frog sac? The
            website's statement "summer weight" seems to hint tantalizingly at
            the existences of a frog sac with s.th. other than "summer weight".
            Anything?
            Anyone?

            Another thing I wonder about - and please don't take this as
            criticism, implied or otherwise, this is just a newbie asking -
            wasn't there a rule against modifying gear before the end of the LTR
            (I always felt that if you've clearly given the gear a good working
            over in the field by the FR, being able to report on mods during the
            LTR would be cool - about half the follow-up reports heralded at the
            end of LTRs never seem to materialize...)?
            It does seem as though having arm holes in that thing would be a no-
            brainer. I can see on the website now that I was mistaken, but
            somehow (even though I'd looked at the website) I had assumed it had
            them already...

            Best,

            André
          • Risk
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 2, 2004
              Hi Andre,

              MSRP is an optional field. But frankly, it was an oversight. I will
              add it to the final draft. Thanks!

              I know nothing about a possibility for a winterweight Frog Sac. Mr.
              Speer makes the PeaPod, which is a down-filled covering for the Speer
              hammock. He also makes several down filled pads which can be used in
              various ways to insulate a hammock or a sleeping bag.

              I think of the Frog Sac as a summerweight sleeping bag or a component
              in a layered winterweight system.

              On modifications: I would not permanently modify gear in any way
              before the LTR is complete because it is not mine. For instance, I
              would not cut fabric. I also would not modify it at all before the
              Field Report. However, a temporary and reversible change, like the
              opening of a (non waterproof) seam, is a type of modification which I
              consider fair game during the LTR, especially if it has potential to
              highlight a potential improvement in the product.

              Rick
              Frog Sac Tester

              --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, André Corterier
              <andre.corterier@b...> wrote:
              > not an edit - I just noticed your FR lacks the MSRP (so does your IR,
              > btw).
              > Do you have any information on a winter weight frog sac? The
              > website's statement "summer weight" seems to hint tantalizingly at
              > the existences of a frog sac with s.th. other than "summer weight".
              > Anything?
              > Anyone?
              >
              > Another thing I wonder about - and please don't take this as
              > criticism, implied or otherwise, this is just a newbie asking -
              > wasn't there a rule against modifying gear before the end of the LTR
              > (I always felt that if you've clearly given the gear a good working
              > over in the field by the FR, being able to report on mods during the
              > LTR would be cool - about half the follow-up reports heralded at the
              > end of LTRs never seem to materialize...)?
              > It does seem as though having arm holes in that thing would be a no-
              > brainer. I can see on the website now that I was mistaken, but
              > somehow (even though I'd looked at the website) I had assumed it had
              > them already...
              >
              > Best,
              >
              > André
            • Andrew Priest
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 2, 2004
                At 02:42 PM 2/09/2004, you wrote:
                >not an edit - I just noticed your FR lacks the MSRP (so does your IR,
                >btw).

                It is not a requirement, only a recommendation.

                Regards
                Andrew

              • Jack Corrigan
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 3, 2004
                  Thanks for your report, test monitor EDITS/QUESTIONS are below:

                  humid fog, I've need to wear long
                  NEEDED

                  THIRD PARAGRAPH UNDER "REVIEW" (IN HTML) LOOKS LIKE IT BEGINS WITH AN
                  EXTRA SPACE

                  --

                  TEAM JackQuest
                  Jack Corrigan, Cyber and Drager
                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 4, 2004
                    Jack Corrigan wrote:

                    >Thanks for your report, test monitor EDITS/QUESTIONS are below:
                    >
                    >humid fog, I've need to wear long
                    >NEEDED
                    >
                    >THIRD PARAGRAPH UNDER "REVIEW" (IN HTML) LOOKS LIKE IT BEGINS WITH AN
                    >EXTRA SPACE
                    >
                    >rick@... wrote:
                    >

                    >>Frog Sac FR - Rick
                    >>
                    >>Product: Speer Frog Sac
                    >>Tester: Rick Allnutt

                    Thanks for the edits Jack. Taken, and uploaded.

                    Rick