EDITS: Field Report ULA Fusion Pack/Steve

  • rosaleen43@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2004
      Steve-

      Thanks for getting your report in on time.

      I think it is well written and reads well: Good job! I do have a few minor
      edits and comments.

      EDIT: "For trip two I carried a lightweight overnight load, including 18 oz
      ( g) sleeping bag, liner and tarptent..."

      You missed the metric conversion for 18 oz.

      EDIT: "One other fit issue: I ordered the pack with a size M hip belt, but
      now believe that a S would be a better choice."

      My spelling program didn't agree with "a" before the S (size). If you read
      this using the size letters instead of the words for which they stand, you will
      "hear" what the program questions. You might consider spelling out the sizes
      or change the "a" to "an."

      EDIT: "I discovered that my car key's batteries had gone dead when stored in
      this pocket-obviously the buttons were pressed by the pressure from items in
      the pack)."

      It seems that the batteries COULD have been used up this way, but it could
      also be coincidental. So, I would prefer that you do not claim the pack
      weight/pressure as the "obvious" cause. Please consider revising this to "I
      suspect/maybe/possibly" or some such variant.

      COMMENT: "I also sweated profusely on my back and shoulders while wearing
      the pack, and it got salt stains all around the shoulder straps and back pad."

      From my own experiences with salty sweat stains, I can recommend scrubbing
      the affected item with diluted white vinegar to help remove the stains.
      ("Mom's" helpful household tip of the day) 8-)

      COMMENT: I checked you links. They are working for me.

      When you have considered/made the edits, please go ahead and upload your
      report to the proper file. Also, remember to delete your "test folder" version of
      the report.

      Cheers!

      Rosaleen

    • nazdarovye
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 2, 2004
        Thanks, Rosaleen.

        I'll add the missing measurement, another "size" before "S" and
        clarify my opinion on the tight confines of the stash pocket.

        I'll upload the changes when the server is back to normal.

        (And thanks for the tip on the salt - I've just been washing it with
        Dr. Bronner's but I'll give the vinegar a try!)

        - Steve