EDIT: BA Insulated Air Core FR - Fuzzy

  • Alex Tweedly
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 26, 2004
      Chuck,

      sorry I'm a bit slow with these edits - my ISP decided to help out with my
      backlog by keeping all email from me for the last couple of days :-(

      No edits as such, but a couple of small suggestions that I think could make
      a good report even better.

      >Big Agnes Insulated Air Core Sleeping Pad
      >Field Report – August 20, 2004
      >
      >I returned a week ago from a week of Boy Scout Summer Camp, where I
      >used the pad every night but the first (needed a control for
      >comparison). Overnight temperatures ranged from upper 40's to mid
      >50's F (9 – 13 C). All nights were spent with my Snugpak sleeping
      >bag. The first night I slept in a standard Boy Scout canvas tent on
      >a nylon military-style cot with just my sleeping bag. I slept a bit
      >cold that night, with the air flowing under the cot, and found there

      suggestion: I think this first night when you were cold, was the "control"
      night, without the BA pad; but if someone was scanning the report, they
      could easily miss the mention above that you didn't use the pad this first
      night. I'd suggest re-writing this to make it clearer that the night when
      you were cold was a "control".

      >closer to the foot of the cot. Fortunately, the contact was slick
      >enough for me to pull myself back to the head without getting up.
      >
      >The other indignity I subjected the pad to came on the morning I woke
      >up in the hammock. I deflated the pad to make it a little easier to

      comment: although this showed up nicely as a paragraph break in the email,
      it doesn't in the html. Because you're used <tr>s rather than paragraphs,
      there's no visual separation between paragraphs, and this one (where the
      photo occurs) feels like a very very long paragraph, and is hard to read.
      It would be good to put some visible break in here.

      Actually, the first paragraph ("I returned from a week ...... without
      getting up) is pretty long on its own - you might consider breaking it up
      into multiple paras - but that's definitely a style choice for you to make.

      Thanks
      -- Alex.

    • Fuzzy
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2004
        --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, Alex Tweedly <alex@t...>
        wrote:
        > Chuck,
        >
        > sorry I'm a bit slow with these edits - my ISP decided to help out
        with my
        > backlog by keeping all email from me for the last couple of days :-(
        >
        > No edits as such, but a couple of small suggestions that I think
        could make
        > a good report even better.

        Thank you, sir. Suggestions incorporated, upload pending repair to
        site.

        Fuzzy (Chuck Kime)