RE: [BackpackGearTest] Princeton Tec Impact Reports 1 & 2

  • GearTester
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 4, 2001

      I think you’ll find the Impact will blow the doors off the Mag for burn time. Even if you carried a spare set of batteries the Impact would still burn much longer. And you’d better be carrying a spare bulb for that MiniMag. They eat bulbs. Excellent report.

      Jerry

      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 4, 2001
        I'm convinced.  I'll be carrying the Impact instead of the Maglite.  Thanks for your input.

        Mike

        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 4, 2001

          I carried MiniMags for years as a tech. I just couldn’t believe how many batteries and bulbs they would go through. But they are tough. If you go to lithium batteries it should drop the weight of the Impact to just under 4 oz.

          Jerry

          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 5, 2001
            I wonder how many people are aware the MiniMag has a spare lamp in the tail cap.

            <Bill>

            Brought to you from beautiful Unalaska/Dutch Harbor, Alaska.
            N 53°51.140'  W 166°30.228'   (WGS 84)

            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 5, 2001

              Yup,,,in a little foam thing inside the spring. I always carried a few more in the truck.

              Jerry