Re: [EDIT/APPROVED] Owner Review - Black Diamond Carbon Fiber FlickLock Poles [Jonathan]

  • jetriple@rockwellcollins.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 4, 2004
      Hey Jonathan. I've been gone to California, and just got back to my
      e-mail today. The link I gave you:
      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Trekking%20Poles/Poles/Black%20Diamond%20Flicklock%20Poles/
      is where I think the review should go. There are already other owner
      reviews on these poles, and yours should go in with them. UNLESS... the
      Carbon Fiber aspect of your poles is different... but I believe they are
      the same ones.

      In the future please respond to things like this on the main list as
      somebody there will know that I am gone and be able to help you.

      Please let me know if you have further issues with this, or if I am
      interpreting this incorrectly.

      Thank you.

      James

      "jshefftz" <jshefftz@...>
      07/28/2004 05:35 PM

      To: <jetriple@...>
      cc:
      Subject: Re: [EDIT/APPROVED] Owner Review - Black Diamond Carbon Fiber FlickLock
      Poles [Jonathan]

      Thanks again James for your careful edits.
      I now have the revised file ready to go . . . but, when I go to that
      url, I don't see a spot ready for my file. This worked fine for my
      two previous reviews, so unless my abilities have regressed since
      then (always a possibility) seems like something is missing.
      thanks,
      Jonathan

      --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, <jetriple@r...> wrote:
      > Hey Jonathan!
      >
      > Excellent job on this Owner Review. I only have a few edits for
      you and
      > then you are approved for upload. I enjoyed your content and think
      this
      > is a very good review. The upload instructions are below the edits.
      >
      > Thanks Jonathan! Well done!
      >
      > James T.
      > BGT Edit Moderator.
      >
      > +++++++++edits++++++++++
      > However, given that any sort of pole (whatever its manufacturer's
      original
      > intentions) can be used for backpacking, and that they have been
      submitted
      > to BPGT for a test, and that I have used them for significant
      hiking on
      > various ski trips, I report here on their backpacking
      applicability.
      > [EDIT] There is no "P" in BGT... and actually, I would prefer you
      spell
      > out "BackpackGearTest.org" as that is the official name.
      >
      > The grippiness though can exact a toll on fleece liner gloves, as
      they
      > quickly shredded my wife's fleece gloves that were apparently was
      not
      > necessarily intended as outerwear.
      > [EDIT] I think "was" is an extra word in "were apparently was not
      > necessarily intended as outerwear."
      >
      > ...but significantly limits its adjustability range (even by the
      standards
      > of two-part poles) to a mere 8" (20cm). By contrast, BD's three-
      part
      > aluminum pole has an adjustment range of over 35" (90cm).
      > [EDIT] A space is needed before "cm" in both places. (20 cm) and
      (90
      > cm)
      >
      > I wrapped some plastic tape a few times around the bottom 4" (10cm)
      as a
      > preventative measure.
      > [EDIT] (10 cm)
      >
      > +++++upload instructions+++++
      >
      > Once you have finished editing your review you may log in to BGT
      and
      > upload it to the test folder. After doing so, please check for the
      > following:
      > 1) All fonts and text colors are as intended and consistent
      throughout
      > your review
      > 2) All headings are consistent (all bold, underlined,
      capitalized,
      > colons or not, text begins after the heading or on the next line)
      > 3) All links work
      > 4) There are no extra spaces between words, and no extra lines
      between
      > paragraphs
      > 5) Pictures (if any) load correctly
      >
      > Once you have done this, you will be ready to upload to the final
      folder
      > location. After you choose "upload", make sure the "Owner Review"
      radio
      > button is selected (this should be the default). Upon your
      completion of
      > the upload, a message will automatically be sent to the editor and
      any
      > other concerned parties announcing that you have uploaded your
      review.
      > Your assigned location is as follows:
      >
      > http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Trekking%
      20Poles/Poles/Black%20Diamond%20Flicklock%20Poles/

      > If you require assistance with your upload, please ask in our
      Yahoo!