EDIT: Keen H2 - Field Report - Jason B

  • cmcrooker
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 4, 2004
      Keen H2 - Field Report - Jason B> Keen Newport H2 Sandals
      Hi Jason,
      Nice report. Just a few comments are below.
      Carol, monitor

      > The sandals have performed well over the past two months. I have
      > worn them for over 80 miles (129 km) on all types of trails and
      paths
      > and they show little wear. I am still frustrated that I can only
      > remove debris by taking the sandal off and I have broke one of the
      > heel loops to help you slip on the sandals.
      ***I have broken***

      > Field Test Conditions:
      >
      > These sandals have been used on all types of trails on the east
      > coast, to include typical forest paths, pavement, mountain
      streams,
      > and the extremely rocky trails of the Dolly Sods Wilderness in
      West
      > Virginia. Other places I backpacked in the sandals included
      > Shenandoah National Park, and Cedarville State Park.
      *** no need for "," after Park***

      > Field Test Results:

      > I am concerned about the durability of the sandals. I have worn
      them
      > for a little over 80 miles (129 km) hiking, in addition to daily
      > wear, and they are beginning to show serious wear at the
      intersection
      > of the second webbing strap and footbed. The foam is beginning to
      > tear at the front of the webbing strap. The sandal is still
      intact
      > and usable, but I will watch this wear spot on both sandals over
      the
      > next four months. I have also broken the pull tab for the left
      > sandal, as shown in the picture below, the pull tab broke at the
      > insertion point on the top of the outer webbing. The right sandal
      > seems to be ok, so I would attribute the left pull tab breaking to
      me
      > pulling to hard on it. The rest of the sandals seem to be holding
      up
      > well though. There is not any excessive wear on the bottom of the
      > sole or in relation to the webbing straps.

      The sandals have performed well over the past two months. I have
      worn them for over 80 miles (129 km) on all types of trails and paths
      and they show little wear. "

      *** your comments on wear in the summary do not match your comments
      on durability in the field test results***

      > Long Term Test Plans:
      >
      > I plan to use the H2's right up through the fall hiking
      > season. I will be heading back out the Dolly Sods for one more
      trip,
      ***I will be heading back out TO the Dolly***