EDIT:OWNER REVIEW:Mapdanna:Rick

  • graham blamey
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2004
      > Thanks to the editor who picks this up. Your patience with my ORs is
      > appreciated.
      > Rick

      Many thanks for this interesting review of a unique product Rick. I have
      very little for you to do and when you've fixed it if you post back with
      REPOST in the subject heading we'll get it uploaded,
      Graham
      BGT Edit Moderator

      > Mapdanna AT-1
      > Trail Map on a Bandanna
      > Appalachian Trail Map #1
      > Owner Review by Rick Allnutt

      ### although my dictionary gives '-danna' and '-dana' Antigravity's site
      spells them 'Mapdana' and 'bandana' so I think you've got to adopt their
      spelling throughout your review.
      ### I think this is a bit too much information for a title so you should
      reduce this to 'Mapdana AT-1' however, as this is not an easily
      identifiable product (tent, backpack, stove etc), how would you feel
      about including the extra information (even expanding it a little to
      describe succinctly what the product is) under 'Product Information'?

      > and contacted Antigravity Gear to find out if there were any known
      > errors on the Mapdanna before taking off down the trail in mid-May,
      > 2004. I was told of two errors, involving mileage in the Smoky
      > Mountains before I left. (I discovered a couple additional errors on
      the trail.)

      ### this might just be our different usage but I'd write this as '...(I
      discovered a couple of additional errors while on the trail)...'

      > Mapdanna AT-1 has a map section and a data guide section. The map
      > section is a near copy of the National Park Service map of the AT,
      which
      > is available at several Internet sites. This map shows the roads and
      > towns near the trail and serves to keep me oriented to the part of the
      > country I am walking through. When I have been walking south-east for
      > several hours, like happens northbound from Standing Indian Mountain,
      > it is reassuring to see the trail will be swinging back toward the
      north
      > star (geographic north) before long.

      ### COMMENT: I did just wonder how much this was like a map, with
      contours, grid lines, peaks heights etc?

      ---