EDITS: Ursa Design Clikstand; Andre

  • rosaleen43@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2004
      Andre-

      It seems that you updated your report in the test folder. I have a couple
      more things for you to look at. Where you give the "300" and "600" ml, then
      (10.14 and 20.29 fl oz), and exactly 900 ml (30.43 fl oz), consider rounding the
      English equivalents to "about 10 and 20 fl oz." It will read more smoothly,
      and it is unlikely many of us measure to the hundredths in the field. 8-)
      Since you have "exactly 900 ml, MAYBE you want to leave the 30.43 fl oz, but a bit
      under a quart, or about 30.5 fl oz would mean more to many hikers.

      Same type of comment, below.

      Product Description/First Impression:
      ...Blowing on it from the side seemed to indicate the windscreen was doing
      its job. It seemed to take a little less than 10 minutes to boil 900 ml (30.43
      fl oz) of cool tap water.

      Consider the changes and upload to your test folder under Cook Gear/Cook Sets
      at your earliest convenience.

      Cheers!

      Rosaleen

    • André Corterier
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1, 2004
        --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, rosaleen43@a... wrote:
        > Andre-
        >
        > It seems that you updated your report in the test folder...
        > Consider the changes and upload to your test folder under Cook
        Gear/Cook Sets
        > at your earliest convenience.
        >
        > Cheers!
        >
        > Rosaleen

        I was a bit uncertain about where to upload the revised report.
        The "test" folder seemed to indicate the test folder I've been
        testing the uploads with. Plus, the message did not state: Approval.
        Yet, I guess the other folders are test folders also in that they
        contain test reports and only there do I find Cook gear/Cook sets
        folder. So I considered this message to be an approval and, having
        made the two changes mentioned in the message, uploaded the report.

        I hope I did not jump the gun.

        André
      • Mohammad Sadhiq
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 2, 2004
          Hello every body in the group

          My name is sadiq im a student from India

          Im interested in manufacturing a digital gear �

          Tester which shows backlash error .

          Any body please send me supporting theory

          To do this .

        • Fuzzy
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 2, 2004
            --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, Mohammad Sadhiq
            <y1me247@y...> wrote:
            > Hello every body in the group
            >
            > My name is sadiq im a student from India
            > Im interested in manufacturing a digital gear –
            > Tester which shows backlash error .
            > Any body please send me supporting theory
            > To do this .

            Sadiq,

            This is not the gear test site you need. We test backpacking gear,
            or equipment. The gear(s) you speak of involve teeth and shafts and
            rings and pinions, and are certainly much heavier than most of us
            would care to carry around while out walking in the woods.

            If, however, you ever get out of the shop to go hiking, have we got
            some information for you!

            Fuzzy
            BGT Monitor
          • Dennis Shubitowski
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 2, 2004
              André Corterier wrote:

              >I was a bit uncertain about where to upload the revised report.
              >The "test" folder seemed to indicate the test folder I've been
              >testing the uploads with. Plus, the message did not state: Approval.
              >Yet, I guess the other folders are test folders also in that they
              >contain test reports and only there do I find Cook gear/Cook sets
              >folder. So I considered this message to be an approval and, having
              >made the two changes mentioned in the message, uploaded the report.
              >
              >I hope I did not jump the gun.

              Andre - It looks like it ended up in the correct spot - good job. I
              think Rosaleen mistyped, but I got what she was saying. The Test folder
              is to make sure your final report looks good and there are no HTML
              problems. Once you are happy with how it looks, it then goes into main
              site in the folder that was created for you, in this case under Reviews
              - Cook Gear - Cook Sets - Clikstand Universal Stove System - Andre
              Corterier. You will upload all of your reports (IR, FR, and LTR) for
              this test series into that folder.

              Test series edits are treated a little differently than Owner Review
              edits. A monitor (who is a fellow tester) was assigned to keep track of
              this test to help the moderators out. The monitor makes sure all the
              testers are proceeding OK, that all the reports are posted on time and
              they edit the reports for basic grammar, content and spelling. As a
              "tester" now, you take the edits as you see appropriate and then fix and
              upload your report to the folder specified. You do *not* have to wait
              for an OK or an approval to upload, unlike Owner Reviews. We figure by
              the time you get to this point as a tester, less oversight is needed. <g>

              Hope that helps -
              Dennis
            • André Corterier
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 2, 2004
                --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, Dennis Shubitowski
                <shubitow@b...> wrote:

                > As a
                > "tester" now, you take the edits as you see appropriate and then
                fix and
                > upload your report to the folder specified. You do *not* have to
                wait
                > for an OK or an approval to upload, unlike Owner Reviews. We figure
                by
                > the time you get to this point as a tester, less oversight is
                needed. <g>

                > Hope that helps -
                > Dennis

                I guess that sort of was included in section 5 of the BGT survival
                guide (which I did reread before applicating, honest!). Somehow my
                notions of the upload process hitherto just carried over...

                Oh, boy, I feel so mature and responsible now!

                Yes, that helped. Thank you.

                André