Gear Tests-Report #3 Due ??

  • woward@microrent.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2001
      When is the third (first field) report normally due on a gear test?
      Is it 30 days after receipt of gear? I couldn't find the answer in
      the files section.

      Thanks,

      Bill Ward
    • GearTester
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2001
        It's currently 60 days.
        Jerry

        When is the third (first field) report normally due on a gear test?
        Is it 30 days after receipt of gear? I couldn't find the answer in
        the files section.

        Thanks,

        Bill Ward

        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • AsABat
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 2, 2001
          --- In BackpackGearTest@y..., "GearTester" <geartester@e...> wrote:
          > It's currently 60 days.

          Jerry-

          The database shows the ID Silshelter 3rd report due Dec. 7, but the
          shelters weren't received until Oct. 20, so the due date could be
          around Dec. 20. That would give me two more trips with a better
          chance of rain. Thanks.

          Also, the 4th report is due April 7 (or maybe that should be April
          20). The ADZPCTKO (Annual Day Zero Pacific Crest Trail Kick Off) is
          April 26-28. I could use the Silshelter there for both further
          testing and no doubt comments from a lot of thru hikers if we could
          extend the long-term due date until then.

          Either way, I'll get it done. Thanks!

          Bill Jeffrey
        • GearTester
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 2, 2001
            I remember some discussion about the holidays. Keeping in mind that the
            due date is just that, the LAST date the report can be submitted, I've
            changed the 3rd report due date to 12/24/01 and the 4th report due date
            to April 29th. I prefer to have reports due on Monday or Tuesday to give
            the reviewer that one last weekend. As always, reviewers are free to
            submit their reports early...but not too early.