Re: [BackpackGearTest] Editorial question about owner reviews

  • Andrew Priest
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1 7:22 AM
      At 10:05 PM 1/07/2004, you wrote:
      >I've owned an Optimus Nova for 4 years and I was going to write a
      >review of the stove, but noticed that Thomas Lindemuth has already
      >written up an excellent review of the stove. I have used the stove in
      >a wide variety of conditions and have managed to break one stove which
      >was replaced under warranty. So I have some additional comments to
      >make about it that Thomas did not cover. Instead of writing a new
      >review from scratch and repeating much of the information that Thomas
      >has already written in his review, I was thinking that I would just
      >write a "follow-up" review to piggy back on his. What are the
      >editor's feelings on this? Would you rather that I write a full
      >review from scratch, or can I refer to Thomas' review and build on it?

      Hi Hai Pham

      I would be great if you wrote another review on the stove, however, as is
      our policy your review should be a stand alone review, reflecting your
      writing style, your experiences. This the same approach as we take with our
      Test Reports. Each user has their own perspective, their own usage. The
      more reviews and reports the better as it gives a greater coverage of the
      real use of the product in the field.

      I look forward to seeing your review.

      Regards
      Andrew Priest