Mountainsmith Chimera

  • Barb
    Message 1 of 55 , Oct 25, 2001
      Jerry,
      Impossible not to apply to test this pack.  I have the Gregory Shasta right now at 6# 13oz., so this would be a big improvement for me in the weight area.

      I started backpacking this year.  Highly influenced by whoever was working at REI, on a particular day, I ended up with a lot of good, but weighty gear.  I went so far as to order a Chimera once, but didn't keep it as I realized at that time I had spent too much on daypacks and the Gregory.  The Shasta is comfortable, but heavy.  I spend my time in the Sierra's and the Coastal Redwoods when hiking or backpacking.  I spend the rest of my time volunteering for various environmental groups and preserves.
      I am 58, and decided, after my husband died last year, I had better get outside and do what I had always dreamed of doing.  I am 5'5" and 145 lbs.

      Still have several trips planned before snowshoe weather, so will have ample opportunity to try and test this pack if chosen.  As always, I will keep faith with the goals of this list.

      I am currently testing the Equinox Ultralite Bivy and am monitor for the Frogg Toggs tests.

      My links are:

      Thanks,
      Barb
    • Andrew Priest
      Message 55 of 55 , Feb 3, 2002
        Hi Marge

        I think iiNet has been having some email server problems. Can you try again at apriest@... or aushiker@...

        Thanks
        Andrew

        At 11:41 AM 02/02/2002, you wrote:
        Hi Andrew Priest,
        I just wrote you a long email with my pack contents,
        I sent it off list  to (mailto:apriest@...) but it came back.
        I hesitate to put this long list of contents on backpackgeartest forum.

        --
        Aushiker - Hiking in Western Australia - http://aushiker.cjb.net

        Get paid for responding to and receiving relevant email and/or SMS messages - pureprofile by Australia Post