Re: [BackpackGearTest] NEW OR ACK'S

  • Alex Tweedly
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2004
      At 11:19 01/06/2004 +0100, graham blamey wrote:

      >Below is our discussion in March (actually 2 months to the day :) . I
      >don't see that anything has changed. It is after all BGT business and I'm
      >puzzled as to why Alex is targeting this.

      Sorry - already apologized to the BGTWeb list, so here's my apology here
      too :-)

      I had forgotten that I had sent the previous email - I thought I had
      decided it wasn't important enough then. So I thought this was my first
      time suggesting it.

      > There were half a dozen posts on 'Removing snow baskets from poles'
      > 'Jodi's treatment of her spouse' etc that *might* have raised his ire
      > more justifiably.

      It didn't really "raise my ire" - I said "Just a thought ..."

      >If we're going to be selective about who we acknowledge, where do we start
      >and finish?
      >It's a simple, non-specific acknowledgement that we can easily do when we
      >spot a new OR, whoever it's from. Everyone recognises it and only Alex
      >seems to find it irksome. What does it amount to? 15-20 posts a month? out
      >of what, avg. 2000?

      Nah - this year we're only averaging about 1800 a month. :-)

      Just because it's only a small help doesn't mean it's no help.
      But I accept that it's simpler to just send them, and has advantages of
      being an extra reminder about ORs. It was barely worth suggesting once -
      certainly wasn't worth suggesting twice - sorry again.

      -- Alex.