RE: [BackpackGearTest] Treeking pole lenght measurement standards?

  • Andrew Priest
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 1, 2004
      At 03:23 AM 01/06/2004, you wrote:
      > > Where should measurement start? Where the top of the hand hits
      > > the handle?
      > >
      > > Where should measurement stop? Before the carbide tip?
      > >
      > > Any suggestions or reference to past threads where this was
      > > discussed are appreciated.
      >
      >It is as long as it is.
      >
      >How would you measure a walking stick you would find in the woods?
      >
      >End to end.
      >
      >Realistically, that's the only number that's going to make sense to a
      >reader.

      I would agree 100% with Shane, but ask that you clearly state how you have
      measured the poles. I think the clarification is important in light of
      Tom's comments about apples and oranges. You should also state the
      manufacturer's measurement.

      Andrew Priest

      http://BackpackGearTest.org

    • Thomas Peltier@Goldenautomotive.com
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 1, 2004
        I'm back in the pocket for the day. I AM GOING (as opposed to am going
        to try, positive thinking and all) post my Aloksak report that has been
        edited. If time permits I will submit an application for the stove. I
        am back out of Pocket again for a short trip to Los Angeles to pick my
        parents up from the airport, back here tonight and then Wed. morning I"m
        off for a two day back country trip. I will not return until either
        Friday morning in which case I will be OOP again for the weekend or
        possibly Monday morning. (If I do not return to work on Friday). All
        this being said I may or may not be available to respond to
        acceptance/rejection of my applications over the next week.
        To add to all of this my dog decided to take of on Friday afternoon
        and has not returned. He is not at any of the local vets or pounds so I
        can only believe that he is stuck in a strangers backyard or he has
        taken himself on an extended walk about. In the midst of my obligations
        out of town I am doing everything I can to find him. If the stars line
        up, the gods smile, luck falls my way, and some other lucky thing
        happens I will post my report, turn in an application, find my dog, get
        my parents, transfer work responsibilities, make the back country trip
        all without a hitch. The only part of this thing that's really hard is
        the missing dog.
        Anyhow, that is my life in a nutshell over the next week, I'll stay
        in touch when possible and respond to anything I need to and am able
        to. I'll be around all day today and I'll try to touch base on Friday
        if I come home or find myself near a computer. You all play nice this
        week. Hope everybody had a great Memorial Day weekend here in the
        states and a great weekend in general around the world.

        Tom Peltier II