EDIT: FR - Dunham Paramount Waffle Stompers - Tim

  • cmcrooker
    Message 1 of 2 , May 30, 2004
      Tim Dunham Paramount Waffle Stomper Hiking Boots Field Report

      Hey Tim,
      Hope you had a great long weekend. Isn't playing what it's all
      about? We just write the reports to "pay" for our play time.
      Great report.
      Suggestions follow enclosed in *** *** marks.
      Carol Crooker, monitor

      > Name: Paramount Waffle Stomper
      > Model Number: MWH800BR
      > Manufacturer: Dunham Boot Maker
      > Web Site: www.dunhambootmakers.com
      *** http:///www.dunhambootmakers.com is supposed to help make links
      more reliable ***

      > The weather around here has been typical for late winter/early
      > spring. Daily temperatures for the field tests have ranged between
      > 10 - 80 F (-12 - 27 C). A couple of late season storms at the
      onset
      > of the test series insured continued testing in winter conditions
      > locally.
      ***believe that should be "ensured" ***

      To a limited degree it's effective in snow
      > and mud. Speaking from experience, I can say that if you're not
      > paying attention, you can slip and slide down a hill on your butt,
      > right into a creek! The tread pattern sheds residual earthen
      > materials (i.e. mud, snow, slush) quite well. Nor does the tread
      > does not become compacted with materials, rendering it useless.
      ***the last sentence is awkward ***

      > In my Initial Report, I expressed some concern regarding the small
      > toe guard offering inadequate protection to the toe of the boot.
      > That has proven to be true. The toes on both boots are scratched
      up,
      > much more than any other part of the boot. Fortunately, none of
      the
      > scratches so far are very deep and there are no sign of the
      > waterproofing being compromised.
      ***and there are no "signs" of the waterproofing ***