Re: APPROVAL:OR:Primus Alpine Titanium ULT2 3274 Cartridge Stove:RICK

  • Rick D.
    Message 1 of 2 , May 30 10:18 AM
      Thanks Graham, for your review and comments. I'll add that
      postscript you suggest about the stove's sad discontinuance (I think
      that's the word I want).

      Hmmm, this raises a question: what stove now has the dubious honor
      of being the world's most expensive?

      --Rick

      --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "graham blamey" <gg@h...>
      wrote:
      > Thank you Rick, for this excellent, well thought out, well written
      and
      > comprehensive review.
      > When this stove first appeared in the UK market, a lot of us were
      sorely
      > tempted, but at the time the price, at £160.00 ($290.00) was too
      rich for
      > most of us. I'm never really sure whether I could have justified
      it :)
      > The only thing that I think you should add to your review, is that
      (as far
      > as I am aware) the stove is now discontinued and no longer
      available (other
      > than used).
      > Many thanks again and when you're ready you can upload your review
      to:

      > http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Cook%20Gear/Stoves/Primus%
      20Alpine%2
      > 0Titanium%20ULT2%203274/
      > <<<<<<<Please ensure you use all the link>>>>>
      >
      > When you upload the HTML copy of your Owner Review please click
      the radio
      > button labelled, Owner Review. The file name is not relevant.
      >
      > I strongly recommend that you do a test upload to the test upload
      folder at
      > Reviews > Test or <http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/test>.
      This
      > allows you to check that all is well with your Owner Review before
      you
      > place it on the main site. One problem area which comes all to
      often, is the
      > URL not being hot (clickable). Please verify that all links in
      your Owner
      > Review work when uploaded.
      >
      > If you require assistance with your upload, please ask in our
      Yahoo!