RE: [BackpackGearTest] Andy's Screwed (was Re: Attn Bear Vault Testers)

  • Jerry Goller
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1 3:09 PM
      Shit happens. One of the advantages of being a good, reliable tester, such
      as yourself, is that went it *really* goes in the toilet, you get all the
      slack you need. Just deal with it as you can.
      Have fun!
      Jerry

      reviews and tests on the planet.

      Message 2 of 4 , May 1 3:12 PM

        > From: "Martin, Stephanie Yoong B" <syoong@...>
        >
        > Please stand by...
        >
        > Ps. I thought you were gone!

        I am gone. But, there are these little things called Cyber-Cafes that let me
        check in from time to time. The bite is I'm screwed in terms of reports. The
        upload software for my PocketMail system doesn't install on non-US versions of
        Windows (Fatal Error). There's really no way that I have enough time in cyber-
        cafes to do reports, not to mention resources, and they're my only link to the
        internet while I'm OOP.

        So, my status is that I have reports on my PocketMail device, including an OR,
        but no way of getting all of my text put together into a report that I can
        upload to BGT.

        My reports will have to wait until I'm back in the States, which won't be until
        the end of May :(

        I'm gonna be LATE, LATE, LATE on stuff!
      • Andy Mytys
        Message 3 of 4 , May 1 3:42 PM
          Here's the deal:

          I've got the following items out with reports status as follows:

          Highgear Axis Watch - good standing during my OOP, no reports due

          BearVault BV100 - Text cancelled, BV200 (replacement to BV100) will
          arrive on my door while I am OOP. My home is a secure location, and
          my mail is being picked up, and I've instructed my mail contact to
          look on the porch for UPS packages on a daily basis. The BV200 will
          most likely be delivered while I am OOP, and I will get the IR done,
          using my IR for the BV100 as a basis, before the end of May.

          POE Max-Thermo - FR, due 5/4. This report I may be able to get done
          while I am OOP, even with my piss-poor cyber-cafe resources. Why?
          No pictures, and it's VERY short. It will be late though, perhaps 1-
          week for the first posting.

          Rocky Gore-Tex socks - not in the DB yet... no info on due dates
          available.

          BD Lighthouse - lots o' pictures and layout to add to my text... not
          something I can do given my cyber-cafe resources. This report will
          be done ASAP when I get back to the States, and should be posted,
          edited, and uploaded by 5/23.

          Six Moon Designs Starlight - FR due 5/18. This report will also be
          handled ASAP when I get back to the States. I've got a few picts
          that I need to include. It is not a long or technical report, and
          will be posted, edited, and uploaded by 5/23.

          Magellan Topo GPS - FR due 4/20. Boy, are GPS units nice to have
          when wandering around European cities (read LOTS o' walking, twisting
          roads, maps not really available unless you're in a BIG TOURISTY
          TOWN). This report will be done upon my return as well. I'm going
          to include my European experience, probably center the report on it,
          while its fresh in my mind.

          What's my access like? No English Windows interfaces, no spell
          checkers, and cyber-cafes in the middle of bars/discos so I've got
          lots of smoke in between be and the monitor (yuck), tons of NOISE,
          and a glass of wine, a shot of vodka, AND a bottle of beer next to me
          to keep things in line (sort of). I've also got at least three
          languages in my head right now.

          Everything's late. SORRY, SORRY, SORRY. Hopefully, this will all
          work out for the best. At least, I think the rules on scheduling FR
          and LTR around the LAST IR delivered (IIRC) will ensure that we'll be
          testing the BD tents when many of the testers, including myself,
          actually have snow on the ground).

          --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry Goller"
          <ChiefModerator@B...> wrote:
          > Shit happens. One of the advantages of being a good, reliable
          tester, such
          > as yourself, is that went it *really* goes in the toilet, you get
          all the
          > slack you need. Just deal with it as you can.
          > Have fun!
          > Jerry
          >
          > http://www.BackpackGearTest.org : the most comprehensive
          interactive gear
          > reviews and tests on the planet.

          Testers)

          > > From: "Martin, Stephanie Yoong B" <syoong@a...>
          > >
          > > Please stand by...
          > >
          > > Ps. I thought you were gone!
          > >

          > I am gone. But, there are these little things called Cyber-Cafes
          that let
          > me
          > check in from time to time. The bite is I'm screwed in terms of
          reports.
          > The
          > upload software for my PocketMail system doesn't install on non-US
          versions
          > of
          > Windows (Fatal Error). There's really no way that I have enough
          time in
          > cyber- cafes to do reports, not to mention resources, and they're
          my only
          > link to the
          > internet while I'm OOP.
          >
          > So, my status is that I have reports on my PocketMail device,
          including an
          > OR,
          > but no way of getting all of my text put together into a report
          that I can
          > upload to BGT.
          >
          > My reports will have to wait until I'm back in the States, which
          won't be
          > until
          > the end of May :(
          >
          > I'm gonna be LATE, LATE, LATE on stuff!

          ~--> Buy
          > Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
          Printer
          > at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
          > http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
          > http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/V4TolB/TM
        • Andrew Priest
          Message 4 of 4 , May 2 3:14 AM
            At 06:12 AM 02/05/2004, you wrote:

            >My reports will have to wait until I'm back in the States, which won't be
            >until
            >the end of May :(
            >
            >I'm gonna be LATE, LATE, LATE on stuff!

            Them's the breaks. Thanks for keeping us posted Andy.

            Andrew