EDIT;OWNER REVIEW;Sierra Designs Clip Flashlight CD2:CRAIG

  • graham blamey
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2004
      Hi Craig,
      This is an excellent first review. You seem to have everything in place and
      I have very little for you to do. Below are my edits and suggestions and
      when you've worked on these, if you post back with REPOST in the subject
      heading, I'll give it another read through and give you a folder to upload
      to.
      Many thanks again for a fine review,
      Graham
      BGT Edit Moderator

      > Product Description (note: final version will include a photo of the
      > tent)

      ### In case you aren't aware, for copyright and other reasons, we only allow
      the use of reviewers own photographs

      > The tent has a sage green lower body, a strip of no-see-um mesh around
      > the two long sides and the back end, and a white top. The white top
      > allows good light into the tent, which makes it feel roomier. There is
      > a large door on the front end, also made of no-see-um mesh. The rain
      > fly is a slightly lighter sage green. All guy-outs and zipper pulls
      > have reflective material.

      ### does it have a sewn-in groundsheet/floor? If so, you should mention (and
      describe ) it here in your Product Description and should '...have
      reflective material...' be '...are of reflective material...'?

      > The Clip Flashlight is not a freestanding tent.

      ### If you've possibly read any of my edits of other tent reviews, you may
      have gathered that I like the reader to know whether the tent pitches inner
      or fly first. This is an important consideration is some parts of the world.
      Reading your review, one can deduce that the tent is pitched inner first and
      the fly thrown over afterwards, but I'd like it if you could make this a
      little
      clearer right at the start so that someone reading it will get this
      information at the beginning.

      > The two poles arch
      > from one side of the tent to the other, one at the front and one at
      > the back, and are attached to the tent with "c" clips.

      ### might it be more appropriate to say that '...the tent attaches to the
      poles with "c" clips...'

      > Trip 1, Sipsey Wilderness, April 2002, 2 nights: The weather was clear
      > and dry, with daytime temperatures around 75 degrees Fahrenheit (23.89
      > Centigrade) and nighttime temperatures around 40 degrees Fahrenheit
      > (4.44 Centigrade).

      ### when being approximate, a rough round figure is good enough so '...(24
      C) and (4 C)...'

      > The Clip Flashlight is marketed as a two-person tent, but I would
      > consider it more of a large one-person tent. I have not shared it with
      > another person, but I have shared it with all of my gear. The extra
      > space inside is useful for keeping your pack out of the weather,

      ### should be '...keeping my pack...' (you should keep to the first person)

      ---