EDIT: Dr Bobs Xikar 138 LTR

  • Michael Wheiler
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2004
      Dr. Bob:

      This is my third attempt at editing your report. We keep losing power and,
      because of the sudden, unexpected nature of the power outings, I have to
      start all over again. Anyway, just a few comments follow, then you know the
      drill. Thank you for helping us successfully complete this test series.

      Mike

      Field Testing:

      The Temperature has ranged from 20 to 80 degrees F (-6.7 to 26.7 C). The
      weather for the most part has been hot and dry; however, I have had a few
      days of
      rain and cooler temperatures. The performance of the knife in cool rainy
      weather is a little awkward, due to its small handle, but with a little
      skill and
      being careful no problems have been encountered.

      ***This is probably considered a style comment and can be freely ingnored.
      The above paragraph didn't quite seem to fit with the previous information.
      I would suggest adding either a transitional sentence (such as "I used the
      Xikar is varying weather conditions) or a new heading.

      ***I finally figured out how this kept occurring on the <blade>.

      Blade:
      As mentioned above, I have encountered a problem with the
      blade not keeping it's edge.

      ***Is this the same problem as the flattening or rolling of the edge? If
      not, could you expand on this or quantify your comment? How long after
      sharpening did the blade dull? How long did it take to dull in comparision
      to other blades you have used?

      Clip:
      I am very
      impress with the strength and quality of this clip.

      ***impressed

      Likes:
      1: Small size and light weight
      2: Quality of workmanship
      3: Hollow opening across the top of the blade makes it very easy to open

      Dislikes:
      1: Locking mechanism makes it very easy to cut your thumb when closing
      the
      blade, due to the fact that the blade is moving towards your thumb after
      activating the release. Luckily no blood has been shed nor stitches needed
      during
      this test period, yet.
      2: The blade becoming dull so quickly
      3: The open back of the handle allows change, keys and other objects to
      come in contact with the sharp edge of the blade, causing damage to the
      blade.

      ***First, with regard to Dislike No. 2. Can you quantify this? See
      previous comments. Second, again a style thing, but you end some of these
      sentences with periods and others without. It probably should be consistent
      one way or the other.

      Otherwise, nicely done. Its been a pleasure working with you on this
      series.

      Mike