Application to test CUP 2 GO - Jodi

  • J Cornelius
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2004
      WAHHHHHHHHHHHHH HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Vets get to apply
      YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Ahem, we now return you to your regularly scheduled application reading!

      Jodi

      Please review and accept my application to test the Cup 2 go. I have read
      the Survival guide 1202 and in particular chapter 5 and agree to follow all
      guidelines within. I have also sent in my signed agreement.

      Personal biographical information

      Name – Jodi Cornelius
      Age - 42
      Gender - Female
      Height - 5’3” (1.60m)
      Weight - 160 (73kg)
      Email address – bpskids at charter dot net
      Derrick City, PA 16727

      Backpacking background – I have been backpacking for 2 years now and before
      that I car camped quite a bit. I consider myself somewhat new to backpacking
      and am on my way towards becoming a lightweight packer. I hike in the
      Alleghany National Forest and along many of the loops that can be found in
      the State park. I prefer overnight trips to day trips because I love to camp
      but I hate just finding one spot to camp and staying there with little to
      do. I love to hike to a spot and park it for the evening, then get up and do
      it all over again. I average around 8 miles/13 kilometers a day depending on
      terrain. I'm never in a huge hurry to get where I'm going because usually I
      don't know where that is. My favorite type of hiking trail is the loop
      because then I can park my car and not worry about getting a ride back to it

      Test Plan – Basically, this cup will just go with me everywhere I hike. I
      have trips planned for the Allegheny Mountains and the Alleghany National
      Forest where there are plenty of hiking trails to explore. I will use this
      cup in the place of my Lexan® cup that I currently use. I like the
      insulated wrap that goes around the Cup 2 go. What I will look for is the
      following

      1-How easy is it to read the gradient marks in the cup when I am bleary-eyed
      before my first cup of coffee?
      2-If I use it for my freeze dried meals, how easy is it to clean? Do the
      gradient marks in the cup catch food particles making it difficult to clean?
      Do I need to carry a chipmunk with me so he can scurry around in the cup
      cleaning it for me?
      3-Does it trap odors of foods/drinks previously eaten/drunk from the cup?
      4-How long does the insulating sleeve keep my food/drink hot/cold?

      I will be taking overnight trips and 3 to 7 day trips all this summer. My
      terrain will run the gamut from easy strolls to some hellacious climbs and
      descents (hopefully fewer of those!!) I will be interested in seeing how
      well it stands up to the “normal” abuse of backpacking, sort of comparing it
      to my Lexan® but not exactly.

      Thank you for considering me for this test.

      All Tests
      All of my tests can be seen at
      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/search.php?search=Jodi+Cornelius

      Finished Tests

      Wild Roses Sedona Rose P-Tights
      Deuter Futura 32 Daypack
      Adventure Medical kit .9 Ultralight
      Rite in the Rain Adventure Travel Journal
      Sawyer Insect Repellents
      Hot Chillys Bio-Silver Bi-Ply Shirt

      I am monitoring the Black Diamond Zenix Headlamp. http://www
      backpackgeartest
      org/reviews/Lighting/Headlamps%20-%20LED/Black%20Diamond%20Zenix/

      And the Ibex Climacore Ribbed Woolies
      http://www.backpackgeartest
      org/reviews/Clothing/Underwear/Ibex%20Climacore%20Ribbed%20Woolies/

      http://www.BackpackGearTest.org : the most comprehensive interactive gear reviews and tests on the planet!