EDIT: INITIAL REPORT: Big Agnes Seed House 3 - Fuzzy

  • colonelcorn76
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 29, 2004
      Fuzzy,
      Thanks for sticking with it. Here's the edit. You've got the drill.

      Also, the BA website refers to the tent as "Seedhouse" in all but one
      place. You should follow suit. I didn't bother to flag all of them.

      Jim
      Test Monitor

      --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Fuzzy" <ckime@n...> wrote:

      > Big Agnes Seed House 3 Tent

      ### EDIT: BA calls it a "Seedhouse"

      > Height: 5'8" (172 cm)

      ### Edit: my last test monitor told me that a space after the foot
      mark & before the inches makes this more readable <WAG>

      > Measured weight (packed): x lb y oz (z kg), scale accurate to 0.1 oz
      > Measured weight (trail): x lb y oz (z kg)
      > Measured weight (Fast Fly option): x lb y oz (z kg)

      ### EDIT: need numbers in place of x, y & z

      > . Super light,Yunan-9.5 mm hub/pole system.

      ### EDIT: space needed after the comma

      > · Plastic clips attach the tent body to the pole frame for
      > quick and easy set-up

      ### EDIT: I know this is a "quote" but since you aren't designating it
      as such (by placing it in quote marks) you should spell the words
      correctly. In this case, it's "setup". (After all you deleted the
      reference to the 8.5 mm hub/poles in your first bullet item so it
      wouldn't be your first change to their info.)

      > · Fly is made of 75D polyester rip stop with 1000mm waterproof
      > coating–minimal stretch and prolonged UV protection

      ### EDIT: "rip-stop" Also, "1000 mm" and you need a conversion (except
      that's thicker than the walls of my house).

      > · Floor is a seamless, 70D, 190T nylon, 1500mm waterproof
      > coating

      ### EDIT: "1500 mm" & need a conversion (again this is almost 5'
      thick...not what they really meant I don't think).

      > The tent body consists of a solid, bathtub-style fabric floor with
      > mesh sides and doors, all black. It is a modified A-frame design, in
      > that the foot end is both slightly lower and slightly narrower than
      > the head end. The tent attaches to the poles by means of plastic

      ### EDIT: That's a "trapezoidal" shape not a modified A-frame (A-frame
      refers to the vertical profile, trapezoidal to the horizontal profile
      of the footprint you're describing here).

      > The Fast Fly floor is a single flat piece of black nylon, trimmed in

      ### EDIT: You use "Fast Fly" and "fast fly" in different places. You
      should be consistent.

      > <There will be a table inserted here to show dimensions. See Test
      > folder (Seed House - Fuzzy) for table.>

      ### EDIT: In Mozilla, the table is very botched. I don't know how it
      looks in IE but you're going to want to look at the picture & table
      spacing. I couldn't see enough of it to edit the table contents.

      > scout troop tents and a 10-pound (4.5 kg) Wal-mart 8'x8' (2.4 m x 2.4

      ### EDIT: "Scout" (I'm assuming you're referring to the BSA type and
      not the Army type of scout) Also, you're inconsistent in the use of
      spacing before/after the "x" in your measurements --- no spaces in the
      8x8 but spaces in the 2.4 m x 2.4 m.

      > 2,000' (610 m) for a week of summer camp. The tent would also be

      ### EDIT: Use of a thousands separator is optional in 4 position
      numbers but the use should be consistent within a report. You use both
      unseparated and comma separated numbers. Consistency is the watchword.

      > part of the load in the Z-Pack I am testing when I bring it along for
      > scout day hikes.

      ### EDIT: "Scout" (again assuming BSA type)

      > Things I am/will be looking for:
      > · Ease/speed of set-up. Can I get it up easily in bad
      > weather? When I'm tired? When it's dark out (I prefer to know all
      > of my gear by touch)? How long does it take?

      ### Comment: ummmm....I may just be a deviant...but the phrasing on
      this one leads to some very interesting interpretations....Run it past
      your girlfriend and see what she thinks.

      > · Pack size/weight. Experience to date tells me that bulk is

      ### EDIT: "to-date"

      > · Does it have everything I need for set-up? Big Agnes
      > indicates that 13 stakes are included.

      ### EDIT: When copying things from your app you should change the
      tense of the content ---- you indicated above that they did indeed
      include 13 stakes.

      > need for a free-standing 8'x8' (2.4 x 2.4 m) tent.

      ### EDIT: 8' x 8' or "8 ft x 8 ft" to be consistent with your other
      measurement styles.
    • Fuzzy
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 30, 2004
        --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "colonelcorn76"
        <colonelcorn76@y...> wrote:
        > Fuzzy,
        > Thanks for sticking with it.

        Yeah... tons of fun to not be able to do what you want. I need to
        get out of here really soon to pick up the rental so I can get to the
        Camporee this weekend. I will probably need to address these edits
        on Monday.

        Thanks,
        Fuzzy
        > Here's the edit. You've got the drill.

        Yup.

        > Also, the BA website refers to the tent as "Seedhouse" in all but
        one place. You should follow suit. I didn't bother to flag all of
        them.

        Dang, I looked it up before my app, and carried it through. I guess
        I got the one place.

        > > Height: 5'8" (172 cm)
        >
        > ### Edit: my last test monitor told me that a space after the foot
        mark & before the inches makes this more readable <WAG>

        It's in the HTML. :-p

        > > Measured weight (packed): x lb y oz (z kg), scale accurate to 0.1
        oz
        > > Measured weight (trail): x lb y oz (z kg)
        > > Measured weight (Fast Fly option): x lb y oz (z kg)
        >
        > ### EDIT: need numbers in place of x, y & z

        DOH!!

        > ### EDIT: I know this is a "quote" but since you aren't designating
        it as such (by placing it in quote marks) you should spell the words
        correctly. In this case, it's "setup". (After all you deleted the
        reference to the 8.5 mm hub/poles in your first bullet item so it
        wouldn't be your first change to their info.)

        Actually, the heading is:
        Features (/from web site/):
        Not a quote, per se, but taken from their documentation.

        > > The tent body consists of a solid, bathtub-style fabric floor
        with mesh sides and doors, all black. It is a modified A-frame
        design, in that the foot end is both slightly lower and slightly
        narrower than the head end. The tent attaches to the poles by means
        of plastic

        > ### EDIT: That's a "trapezoidal" shape not a modified A-frame (A-
        frame refers to the vertical profile, trapezoidal to the horizontal
        profile of the footprint you're describing here).

        They modified the A-frame by making it trapezoidal, right? Let me
        think about this one.

        > > The Fast Fly floor is a single flat piece of black nylon, trimmed
        in

        > ### EDIT: You use "Fast Fly" and "fast fly" in different places.
        You should be consistent.

        Rats, I thought I was. Will do.

        > > <There will be a table inserted here to show dimensions. See
        Test folder (Seed House - Fuzzy) for table.>

        > ### EDIT: In Mozilla, the table is very botched. I don't know how
        it looks in IE but you're going to want to look at the picture &
        table spacing. I couldn't see enough of it to edit the table contents.

        Looks great in IE, it's all I've got here.

        > > scout troop tents and a 10-pound (4.5 kg) Wal-mart 8'x8' (2.4 m x
        2.4

        > ### EDIT: Also, you're inconsistent in the use of spacing
        before/after the "x" in your measurements --- no spaces in the 8x8
        but spaces in the 2.4 m x 2.4 m.

        I usually proof better than this.

        > > 2,000' (610 m) for a week of summer camp. The tent would also be
        >
        > ### EDIT: Use of a thousands separator is optional in 4 position
        numbers but the use should be consistent within a report. You use
        both unseparated and comma separated numbers. Consistency is the
        watchword.

        The only other place I use 4-digit numbers is in the Features
        section, which is - as above - taken from the web site.

        > > Things I am/will be looking for:
        > > · Ease/speed of set-up. Can I get it up easily in bad
        weather? When I'm tired? When it's dark out (I prefer to know all
        of my gear by touch)? How long does it take?

        > ### Comment: ummmm....I may just be a deviant...but the phrasing on
        this one leads to some very interesting interpretations....Run it
        past your girlfriend and see what she thinks.

        You're just a deviant. Besides, she sleeps with her kids, and I with
        mine... right?

        > > · Pack size/weight. Experience to date tells me that bulk is
        >
        > ### EDIT: "to-date"

        Disagree here.

        > > · Does it have everything I need for set-up? Big Agnes
        indicates that 13 stakes are included.

        > ### EDIT: When copying things from your app you should change the
        tense of the content ---- you indicated above that they did indeed
        include 13 stakes.

        I meant to add a comment here. I was rushing a bit yesterday because
        I will not have much time today.

        > > need for a free-standing 8'x8' (2.4 x 2.4 m) tent.
        >
        > ### EDIT: 8' x 8' or "8 ft x 8 ft" to be consistent with your other
        measurement styles.

        Yeah. Got this above.