Eustatian delay

  • PCLINK
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 3, 2000
      I've been out of touch for a while.
      Bad cold, Inner ear problems, been couped up inside too long.

      I will get back to reports when the room stops spinning.

      I do have the hammock hanging in my workshop, sleeping in it there would
      surely get me commited.

      I am working on sewing my "Winter Wrap". In contrast to what others have
      said, I believe that the hammock is a viable winter shelter. I've tented at
      -20, I don't think the ground insulation is a big factor as room to manage
      winter clothing and gear. I'd be happy if I could have a hammock in the tent
      anyway. With a Winter Wrap and tarp ( I used my 8x10 sylnylon ) to the
      ground. The heat is conserved and the drafts reduced to ventilation.
      The comfort of the hammock for me beats the ground anytime.

      Also, I can lay on my Parka for insulation, or slip my bag into them like I
      usually do anyway.

      With the big tarp I can also cook in and warm my sleeping area a bit.

      The temp only recently dipped to the teens here. I hoping to get well and
      give the hammock modifications a good test. Pictures too.

      Dan
    • Gerry Gladu
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 3, 2000
        PCLINK <halsey1@p...> wrote:

        > The comfort of the hammock for me beats the ground anytime.

        Ground yes, but not necessarily snow.

        Gerry
      • Larry Hillberg
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 3, 2000
          > PCLINK <halsey1@p...> wrote:
          >
          > > The comfort of the hammock for me beats the ground anytime.
          >
          > Ground yes, but not necessarily snow.
          >
          > Gerry

          For me it beats the snow too. I'm usually in too much of a hurry and don't
          get the snow stomped down evenly.

          I have also had some unexpected happenings here at home and have not been
          able to follow through on my plans. I expect (hope) to complete my final
          test this week.
          Helen
        • Gear Tester
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 3, 2000
            I would like to say "Take as much time as you need" but I know Tom wants this information in time for the OR show in Jan. We can probably extend the deadline until the week end of 15-16 Dec but I'm afraid that's about as far as we can push it. Just do the best you can. Thanks for all the work and effort. I hope everyone's problems come out ok.
            Jerry
          • Michael Tocci
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 4, 2000
              just came back from a trip...temps down to -8 will take a few days to post....got to go clean my gear...Mike