Re: cm to inches questions

  • Rick D.
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1 4:00 PM
      Heh, if it is true they're going to have to change their name.

      Way-Loosepak?

      Maybe it's millimeters? Now *that's* snug.

      --Rick

      --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "chcoa" <jdeben@h...> wrote:
      > I was looking on the Snugpak website and on their Snugpak Softie 3
      > Merlin it say the chest measures 165 cms - according to the
      converter
      > on BGT this equals more than 5 ft. This does not sound right to
      me,
      > a sleeping bag that measures over 7 ft in length with a 5 ft
      > chest??? Can anyone solve this mystery?
      >
      > jamie in az
    • David
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1 4:07 PM
        My guess is the chest measurement is girth, so laid flat, should be
        30" wide (50% wider than a standard sleeping pad)
        2cents
        David

        --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "chcoa" <jdeben@h...> wrote:
        > I was looking on the Snugpak website and on their Snugpak Softie 3
        > Merlin it say the chest measures 165 cms - according to the converter
        > on BGT this equals more than 5 ft. This does not sound right to me,
        > a sleeping bag that measures over 7 ft in length with a 5 ft
        > chest??? Can anyone solve this mystery?
        >
        > jamie in az
      • Rick
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 1 4:28 PM
          chcoa wrote:

          >I was looking on the Snugpak website and on their Snugpak Softie 3
          >Merlin it say the chest measures 165 cms - according to the converter
          >on BGT this equals more than 5 ft. This does not sound right to me,
          >a sleeping bag that measures over 7 ft in length with a 5 ft
          >chest??? Can anyone solve this mystery?

          My 7 foot long bag has a width of almost 5 feet and it is pretty snug
          when sewn as a bag instead of a quilt. The 165 cm is probably the
          distance from the zipper to the zipper. If the bag were placed around
          a circle, the diameter of the circle would be 52 cm or 20.5 inches.

          Risk
        • chcoa
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 1 9:28 PM
            Ahha! I think the mystery is solved. I'm not to seeing measurements
            presented that way, but that must be it. I hope they aren't doing
            the same with the length 220cm! :)

            jamie in az