cm to inches questions

  • chcoa
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1 3:55 PM
      I was looking on the Snugpak website and on their Snugpak Softie 3
      Merlin it say the chest measures 165 cms - according to the converter
      on BGT this equals more than 5 ft. This does not sound right to me,
      a sleeping bag that measures over 7 ft in length with a 5 ft
      chest??? Can anyone solve this mystery?

      jamie in az
    • Rick D.
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1 4:00 PM
        Heh, if it is true they're going to have to change their name.

        Way-Loosepak?

        Maybe it's millimeters? Now *that's* snug.

        --Rick

        --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "chcoa" <jdeben@h...> wrote:
        > I was looking on the Snugpak website and on their Snugpak Softie 3
        > Merlin it say the chest measures 165 cms - according to the
        converter
        > on BGT this equals more than 5 ft. This does not sound right to
        me,
        > a sleeping bag that measures over 7 ft in length with a 5 ft
        > chest??? Can anyone solve this mystery?
        >
        > jamie in az
      • David
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 1 4:07 PM
          My guess is the chest measurement is girth, so laid flat, should be
          30" wide (50% wider than a standard sleeping pad)
          2cents
          David

          --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "chcoa" <jdeben@h...> wrote:
          > I was looking on the Snugpak website and on their Snugpak Softie 3
          > Merlin it say the chest measures 165 cms - according to the converter
          > on BGT this equals more than 5 ft. This does not sound right to me,
          > a sleeping bag that measures over 7 ft in length with a 5 ft
          > chest??? Can anyone solve this mystery?
          >
          > jamie in az
        • Rick
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 1 4:28 PM
            chcoa wrote:

            >I was looking on the Snugpak website and on their Snugpak Softie 3
            >Merlin it say the chest measures 165 cms - according to the converter
            >on BGT this equals more than 5 ft. This does not sound right to me,
            >a sleeping bag that measures over 7 ft in length with a 5 ft
            >chest??? Can anyone solve this mystery?

            My 7 foot long bag has a width of almost 5 feet and it is pretty snug
            when sewn as a bag instead of a quilt. The 165 cm is probably the
            distance from the zipper to the zipper. If the bag were placed around
            a circle, the diameter of the circle would be 52 cm or 20.5 inches.

            Risk
          • chcoa
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 1 9:28 PM
              Ahha! I think the mystery is solved. I'm not to seeing measurements
              presented that way, but that must be it. I hope they aren't doing
              the same with the length 220cm! :)

              jamie in az