Hennessy Hammocks/ The Gathering

  • rosaleen43@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2001
      Hey, Fellow Listers-

      We've had some posts asking who all is going to  ALDHA'S Gathering, also what vendors are showing.  Many of you will know I am a staunch Hennessy advocate.  I bought one for myself, liked it enough to volunteer my whole family to test the Safari, and liked both so much that I bought a third, an UltraLite, to use for myself and use the others as loaners.  How many shelters do most of us buy an extra of, just to make sure our weekend hiking partners are as comfortable as we are?

      I contacted the Hennessys hoping to get them out to Hanover for The Gathering. They can't make this one, but have agreed to let me show some of their products, and are even offering a discount for any Expedition or UltraLite models purchased this weekend.  The UltraLites will be offered at $119, a savings of $30, and the Expeditions will be offered at $99, a savings of  $20.

      Not wanting to exclude those who can't make The Gathering, Tom will make the same offer to list members who place an order through the hennessyhammock.com website during the Columbus Day 2001 weekend only.

      Hope to meet many of you soon!

      Rosaleen

      PS: One of my (adult) sons is hospitalized due to illness.  He seems to be on the mend.  I will most likely abbreviate my visit to The Gathering, heading for home Sunday morning.  The other three adults in the house should be able to hold the fort for Mom for a couple of days, but I don't want to be gone longer than that.  If you want to check out these hammocks up close and personally, please look for me Friday or Saturday night near a white Dodge Dakota pickup truck with MA plates, or at the Hiker Fair on Saturday.