Re: [BackpackGearTest] Re: Statistic; Long; OT?; Boring?

  • Bill Bradshaw
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 1, 2004
      It was not a dig at Andrew even though I could have stated it better. The
      statement was mainly a guide to give people a start on interpreting the
      information. I thought maybe some people would find the statistics
      interesting. I wonder if anybody did get it HTML format. I forgot that I
      have my personnal preferences in Yahoo set to convert HTML to text so I
      could not get my own message popped to me in HTML.

      <Bill>

      Brought to you from beautiful Unalaska/Dutch Harbor, Alaska.
      N 53° 51.140' W 166° 30.228' (WGS 84)

      Graham Blamey wrote:
      > --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Bradshaw"
      > <bradshaw@a...> wrote:
      >> Well I will try a little bit of it. Again supposedly HTML. Andrew
      > has posted 7.52% of the total group messages.
      >
      > Bill, fascinating as it is, you would have better served your
      > original post by including a brief explanation as to what it was. Now
      > that I've worked it out, I think (before everyone dives in and starts
      > dissecting it)it might be more appropriate to continue it on BGT WEB
      > Graham
      > BGT Edit Moderator
    • Bill Bradshaw
      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 1, 2004
        It was not meant as a dig at Andrew. The statement was to give people a
        starting guide to the information. I just thought some people might find
        the statistics interesting. To bad it is so damn hard to format information
        in a text email message.

        David Anderson wrote:
        > Bill Bradshaw wrote:
        >
        >> Well I will try a little bit of it. Again supposedly HTML. Andrew
        >> has posted 7.52% of the total group messages.
        >>
        >> Report was created 2/28/04 10:17:29 AM.
        >>
        >> Postings
        >> Group: BackpackGearTest Range: 1 - Last
        >>
        >> From First Post Last Post Posts %
        >> Andrew Priest Sat Jan 12, 2002 6:17 AM Sat Feb 28, 2004
        >> 6:34 AM 3509 7.52 Shane Steinkamp Thu Apr 04, 2002 5:21
        >
        > Looks like Jerry has him beat if you just look at that list.
        >
        > I still don't understand what the point is. Of course the moderators
        > will have more posts, especially Andrew who has been running the day
        > to day details of the list for a couple of years.
      • David Anderson
        Message 3 of 17 , Mar 1, 2004
          Bill Bradshaw wrote:

          > It was not a dig at Andrew even though I could have stated it better. The
          > statement was mainly a guide to give people a start on interpreting the
          > information. I thought maybe some people would find the statistics
          > interesting. I wonder if anybody did get it HTML format. I forgot that I
          > have my personnal preferences in Yahoo set to convert HTML to text so I
          > could not get my own message popped to me in HTML.
          >
          > <Bill>

          The BGT list is text only.

          --
          David Anderson
          Senior Review Coordinator/Webmaster
          Message 4 of 17 , Mar 1, 2004
            > It was not a dig at Andrew even though I could have stated it
            > better. The statement was mainly a guide to give people a start
            > on interpreting the information. I thought maybe some people
            > would find the statistics interesting.

            I did find them interesting, Bill, and I'd appreciate it if you could send
            them to me directly in HTML.

            Shane
          • Shane Steinkamp
            Message 5 of 17 , Mar 1, 2004
              As keeper of the TEST CALL SCHEDULE, I thought I would just write a casual
              email and accidentally let it slip that there are 39 items in the queue at
              the moment and I haven't finished processing everything that Jerry, Dave,
              and Bex have put up for scheduling...

              I would imagine that if people knew this they might start paying close
              attention, get their reports filed on time, and polish up their
              applications...

              Hint, hint...

              Shane
            • Shane Steinkamp
              Message 6 of 17 , Mar 1, 2004
                I need all SealSkinz testers to test their SealSkinz chillblockers for
                leaks, and report via private email to me if you have not already done so.

                Shane
              • Andy Mytys
                Message 7 of 17 , Mar 1, 2004
                  Is that 39 tests, or 6-10 tests with 3-5 items each?

                  39 tests would have me building an ark :)

                  --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Shane Steinkamp"
                  <shane@t...> wrote:
                  > As keeper of the TEST CALL SCHEDULE, I thought I would just write
                  a casual
                  > email and accidentally let it slip that there are 39 items in the
                  queue at
                  > the moment and I haven't finished processing everything that
                  Jerry, Dave,
                  > and Bex have put up for scheduling...
                  >
                  > I would imagine that if people knew this they might start paying
                  close
                  > attention, get their reports filed on time, and polish up their
                  > applications...
                  >
                  > Hint, hint...
                  >
                  > Shane
                • David Anderson
                  Message 8 of 17 , Mar 1, 2004
                    Andy Mytys wrote:

                    > Is that 39 tests, or 6-10 tests with 3-5 items each?
                    >
                    > 39 tests would have me building an ark :)

                    Get out your hammer!

                    That is 39 test series . . . . that Shane knows about.

                    I have about 10 e-mails out, and I still have a stack of cards to go
                    through.

                    With this sort of gear traffic coming through, a lot more of the tests
                    are going to be three items from here on out unless they are "really cool".

                    It is also REALLY important that everyone answer Stephanie's survey (I
                    still have to do that myself). We need to know how much gear we can test
                    at a time. We are getting to the point where we are going to have to
                    start telling manufacturers that "no we can't test your entire product
                    line" because we are getting that sort of offer. We need to be able to
                    spread the wealth among them, and we need to know how many packs we can
                    handle, and which models to choose.

                    The same goes for shelters, footwear, socks, underwear, sharps, brights,
                    etc.

                    --
                  • rebecca@backpackgeartest.org
                    Message 9 of 17 , Mar 2, 2004
                      Quoting David Anderson <danderson@...>:

                      > I have about 10 e-mails out, and I still have a stack of cards to go
                      > through.

                      As do I. Lots of stuff hasn't even made it into the queue yet.

                      Isn't it fun to be one of the popular kids?
                    • Shane
                      Message 10 of 17 , Mar 2, 2004
                        > As do I. Lots of stuff hasn't even made it into the queue yet.

                        I know... I'm just trying to wake some of the sleepers... ;)

                        > Isn't it fun to be one of the popular kids?

                        Dunno... What's it like?

                        Shane