Re: Statistic; Long; OT?; Boring?

  • Graham Blamey
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 1, 2004
      --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Bradshaw"
      <bradshaw@a...> wrote:
      > Well I will try a little bit of it. Again supposedly HTML. Andrew
      has posted 7.52% of the total group messages.

      Bill, fascinating as it is, you would have better served your
      original post by including a brief explanation as to what it was. Now
      that I've worked it out, I think (before everyone dives in and starts
      dissecting it)it might be more appropriate to continue it on BGT WEB
      Graham
      BGT Edit Moderator
    • Andrew Priest
      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 1, 2004
        At 04:37 PM 01/03/2004, you wrote:
        >Well I will try a little bit of it. Again supposedly HTML. Andrew has
        >posted 7.52% of the total group messages.

        I need to get a LIFE ... whoops just add to my statistic.

        Andrew

        reviews and tests on the planet

      • David Anderson
        Message 3 of 17 , Mar 1, 2004
          Bill Bradshaw wrote:

          > Well I will try a little bit of it. Again supposedly HTML. Andrew has posted 7.52% of the total group messages.
          >
          > Report was created 2/28/04 10:17:29 AM.
          >
          > Postings
          > Group: BackpackGearTest Range: 1 - Last
          >
          > From First Post Last Post Posts %
          > Andrew Priest Sat Jan 12, 2002 6:17 AM Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:34 AM 3509 7.52
          > Shane Steinkamp Thu Apr 04, 2002 5:21 AM Tue Feb 24, 2004 7:38 PM 2107 4.52
          > Chief Moderator Sun Jul 28, 2002 6:22 PM Sat Feb 07, 2004 6:29 PM 1600 3.43
          > David Anderson Tue Oct 09, 2001 10:47 AM Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:12 PM 1590 3.41
          > Andy Mytys Tue Oct 22, 2002 9:51 PM Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:25 PM 1542 3.30
          > BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com Mon Feb 26, 2001 6:02 PM Sat Feb 28, 2004 10:17 AM 1491 3.20
          > Jerry Goller Wed Oct 18, 2000 4:13 AM Fri Feb 27, 2004 4:13 PM 1259 2.70
          > GearTester Mon Nov 13, 2000 6:03 AM Mon Dec 03, 2001 6:58 PM 1187 2.54
          > Shane Fri Jan 24, 2003 8:07 PM Fri Feb 20, 2004 4:51 PM 1015 2.18
          > jetriple@r... Fri Jan 11, 2002 7:34 PM Fri Feb 27, 2004 9:00 PM 910 1.95
          > dawnhark Sun Dec 30, 2001 9:12 PM Mon Nov 10, 2003 6:37 AM 901 1.93

          Looks like Jerry has him beat if you just look at that list.

          I still don't understand what the point is. Of course the moderators
          will have more posts, especially Andrew who has been running the day to
          day details of the list for a couple of years.

          --
          David Anderson
          Senior Review Coordinator/Webmaster
          Message 4 of 17 , Mar 1, 2004
            It was not a dig at Andrew even though I could have stated it better. The
            statement was mainly a guide to give people a start on interpreting the
            information. I thought maybe some people would find the statistics
            interesting. I wonder if anybody did get it HTML format. I forgot that I
            have my personnal preferences in Yahoo set to convert HTML to text so I
            could not get my own message popped to me in HTML.

            <Bill>

            Brought to you from beautiful Unalaska/Dutch Harbor, Alaska.
            N 53° 51.140' W 166° 30.228' (WGS 84)

            Graham Blamey wrote:
            > --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Bradshaw"
            > <bradshaw@a...> wrote:
            >> Well I will try a little bit of it. Again supposedly HTML. Andrew
            > has posted 7.52% of the total group messages.
            >
            > Bill, fascinating as it is, you would have better served your
            > original post by including a brief explanation as to what it was. Now
            > that I've worked it out, I think (before everyone dives in and starts
            > dissecting it)it might be more appropriate to continue it on BGT WEB
            > Graham
            > BGT Edit Moderator
          • Bill Bradshaw
            Message 5 of 17 , Mar 1, 2004
              It was not meant as a dig at Andrew. The statement was to give people a
              starting guide to the information. I just thought some people might find
              the statistics interesting. To bad it is so damn hard to format information
              in a text email message.

              Message 6 of 17 , Mar 1, 2004
                Bill Bradshaw wrote:

                > It was not a dig at Andrew even though I could have stated it better. The
                > statement was mainly a guide to give people a start on interpreting the
                > information. I thought maybe some people would find the statistics
                > interesting. I wonder if anybody did get it HTML format. I forgot that I
                > have my personnal preferences in Yahoo set to convert HTML to text so I
                > could not get my own message popped to me in HTML.
                >
                > <Bill>

                The BGT list is text only.

                --
                David Anderson
                Senior Review Coordinator/Webmaster
                http://www.BackpackGearTest.org
              • Shane Steinkamp
                Message 7 of 17 , Mar 1, 2004
                  > It was not a dig at Andrew even though I could have stated it
                  > better. The statement was mainly a guide to give people a start
                  > on interpreting the information. I thought maybe some people
                  > would find the statistics interesting.

                  I did find them interesting, Bill, and I'd appreciate it if you could send
                  them to me directly in HTML.

                  Shane
                • Shane Steinkamp
                  Message 8 of 17 , Mar 1, 2004
                    As keeper of the TEST CALL SCHEDULE, I thought I would just write a casual
                    email and accidentally let it slip that there are 39 items in the queue at
                    the moment and I haven't finished processing everything that Jerry, Dave,
                    and Bex have put up for scheduling...

                    I would imagine that if people knew this they might start paying close
                    attention, get their reports filed on time, and polish up their
                    applications...

                    Hint, hint...

                    Shane
                  • Shane Steinkamp
                    Message 9 of 17 , Mar 1, 2004
                      I need all SealSkinz testers to test their SealSkinz chillblockers for
                      leaks, and report via private email to me if you have not already done so.

                      Shane
                    • Andy Mytys
                      Message 10 of 17 , Mar 1, 2004
                        Is that 39 tests, or 6-10 tests with 3-5 items each?

                        39 tests would have me building an ark :)

                        --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Shane Steinkamp"
                        <shane@t...> wrote:
                        > As keeper of the TEST CALL SCHEDULE, I thought I would just write
                        a casual
                        > email and accidentally let it slip that there are 39 items in the
                        queue at
                        > the moment and I haven't finished processing everything that
                        Jerry, Dave,
                        > and Bex have put up for scheduling...
                        >
                        > I would imagine that if people knew this they might start paying
                        close
                        > attention, get their reports filed on time, and polish up their
                        > applications...
                        >
                        > Hint, hint...
                        >
                        > Shane
                      • David Anderson
                        Message 11 of 17 , Mar 1, 2004
                          Andy Mytys wrote:

                          > Is that 39 tests, or 6-10 tests with 3-5 items each?
                          >
                          > 39 tests would have me building an ark :)

                          Get out your hammer!

                          That is 39 test series . . . . that Shane knows about.

                          I have about 10 e-mails out, and I still have a stack of cards to go
                          through.

                          With this sort of gear traffic coming through, a lot more of the tests
                          are going to be three items from here on out unless they are "really cool".

                          It is also REALLY important that everyone answer Stephanie's survey (I
                          still have to do that myself). We need to know how much gear we can test
                          at a time. We are getting to the point where we are going to have to
                          start telling manufacturers that "no we can't test your entire product
                          line" because we are getting that sort of offer. We need to be able to
                          spread the wealth among them, and we need to know how many packs we can
                          handle, and which models to choose.

                          The same goes for shelters, footwear, socks, underwear, sharps, brights,
                          etc.

                          --
                        • rebecca@backpackgeartest.org
                          Message 12 of 17 , Mar 2, 2004
                            Quoting David Anderson <danderson@...>:

                            > I have about 10 e-mails out, and I still have a stack of cards to go
                            > through.

                            As do I. Lots of stuff hasn't even made it into the queue yet.

                            Isn't it fun to be one of the popular kids?
                          • Shane
                            Message 13 of 17 , Mar 2, 2004
                              > As do I. Lots of stuff hasn't even made it into the queue yet.

                              I know... I'm just trying to wake some of the sleepers... ;)

                              > Isn't it fun to be one of the popular kids?

                              Dunno... What's it like?

                              Shane