Re: [BackpackGearTest] Statistic; Long; OT?; Boring?

  • Bill Bradshaw
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 1 12:06 AM
      Sorry, obviously whatever I expected to happen did not happen.

      <Bill>

      Brought to you from beautiful Unalaska/Dutch Harbor, Alaska.
      N 53° 51.140' W 166° 30.228' (WGS 84)

      Bill Bradshaw wrote:
      > Some statistics created using PG Offline. I will apologize ahead of
      > time for sending it in HTML since I know this is going to upset some
      > people. It was the only way I could keep the formatting.
      >
      > Report was created 2/28/04 10:17:29 AM.
    • Bill Bradshaw
      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 1 12:37 AM
        Well I will try a little bit of it. Again supposedly HTML. Andrew has posted 7.52% of the total group messages.

        Report was created 2/28/04 10:17:29 AM.

        Postings
        Group: BackpackGearTest Range: 1 - Last

        From First Post Last Post Posts %
        Andrew Priest Sat Jan 12, 2002 6:17 AM Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:34 AM 3509 7.52
        Shane Steinkamp Thu Apr 04, 2002 5:21 AM Tue Feb 24, 2004 7:38 PM 2107 4.52
        Chief Moderator Sun Jul 28, 2002 6:22 PM Sat Feb 07, 2004 6:29 PM 1600 3.43
        David Anderson Tue Oct 09, 2001 10:47 AM Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:12 PM 1590 3.41
        Andy Mytys Tue Oct 22, 2002 9:51 PM Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:25 PM 1542 3.30
        BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com Mon Feb 26, 2001 6:02 PM Sat Feb 28, 2004 10:17 AM 1491 3.20
        Jerry Goller Wed Oct 18, 2000 4:13 AM Fri Feb 27, 2004 4:13 PM 1259 2.70
        GearTester Mon Nov 13, 2000 6:03 AM Mon Dec 03, 2001 6:58 PM 1187 2.54
        Shane Fri Jan 24, 2003 8:07 PM Fri Feb 20, 2004 4:51 PM 1015 2.18
        jetriple@r... Fri Jan 11, 2002 7:34 PM Fri Feb 27, 2004 9:00 PM 910 1.95
        dawnhark Sun Dec 30, 2001 9:12 PM Mon Nov 10, 2003 6:37 AM 901 1.93

        Jerry Goller wrote:
        > LOL....I know there must have been a point to that but I just can't
        > imagine what it was.......
        > Jerry

      • Graham Blamey
        Message 3 of 17 , Mar 1 2:52 AM
          --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Bradshaw"
          <bradshaw@a...> wrote:
          > Well I will try a little bit of it. Again supposedly HTML. Andrew
          has posted 7.52% of the total group messages.

          Bill, fascinating as it is, you would have better served your
          original post by including a brief explanation as to what it was. Now
          that I've worked it out, I think (before everyone dives in and starts
          dissecting it)it might be more appropriate to continue it on BGT WEB
          Graham
          BGT Edit Moderator
        • Andrew Priest
          Message 4 of 17 , Mar 1 3:37 AM
            At 04:37 PM 01/03/2004, you wrote:
            >Well I will try a little bit of it. Again supposedly HTML. Andrew has
            >posted 7.52% of the total group messages.

            I need to get a LIFE ... whoops just add to my statistic.

            Andrew

            reviews and tests on the planet

          • David Anderson
            Message 5 of 17 , Mar 1 9:14 AM
              Bill Bradshaw wrote:

              > Well I will try a little bit of it. Again supposedly HTML. Andrew has posted 7.52% of the total group messages.
              >
              > Report was created 2/28/04 10:17:29 AM.
              >
              > Postings
              > Group: BackpackGearTest Range: 1 - Last
              >
              > From First Post Last Post Posts %
              > Andrew Priest Sat Jan 12, 2002 6:17 AM Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:34 AM 3509 7.52
              > Shane Steinkamp Thu Apr 04, 2002 5:21 AM Tue Feb 24, 2004 7:38 PM 2107 4.52
              > Chief Moderator Sun Jul 28, 2002 6:22 PM Sat Feb 07, 2004 6:29 PM 1600 3.43
              > David Anderson Tue Oct 09, 2001 10:47 AM Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:12 PM 1590 3.41
              > Andy Mytys Tue Oct 22, 2002 9:51 PM Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:25 PM 1542 3.30
              > BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com Mon Feb 26, 2001 6:02 PM Sat Feb 28, 2004 10:17 AM 1491 3.20
              > Jerry Goller Wed Oct 18, 2000 4:13 AM Fri Feb 27, 2004 4:13 PM 1259 2.70
              > GearTester Mon Nov 13, 2000 6:03 AM Mon Dec 03, 2001 6:58 PM 1187 2.54
              > Shane Fri Jan 24, 2003 8:07 PM Fri Feb 20, 2004 4:51 PM 1015 2.18
              > jetriple@r... Fri Jan 11, 2002 7:34 PM Fri Feb 27, 2004 9:00 PM 910 1.95
              > dawnhark Sun Dec 30, 2001 9:12 PM Mon Nov 10, 2003 6:37 AM 901 1.93

              Looks like Jerry has him beat if you just look at that list.

              I still don't understand what the point is. Of course the moderators
              will have more posts, especially Andrew who has been running the day to
              day details of the list for a couple of years.

              --
              David Anderson
              Senior Review Coordinator/Webmaster
              Message 6 of 17 , Mar 1 11:36 AM
                It was not a dig at Andrew even though I could have stated it better. The
                statement was mainly a guide to give people a start on interpreting the
                information. I thought maybe some people would find the statistics
                interesting. I wonder if anybody did get it HTML format. I forgot that I
                have my personnal preferences in Yahoo set to convert HTML to text so I
                could not get my own message popped to me in HTML.

                Graham Blamey wrote:
                > --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Bradshaw"
                > <bradshaw@a...> wrote:
                >> Well I will try a little bit of it. Again supposedly HTML. Andrew
                > has posted 7.52% of the total group messages.
                >
                > Bill, fascinating as it is, you would have better served your
                > original post by including a brief explanation as to what it was. Now
                > that I've worked it out, I think (before everyone dives in and starts
                > dissecting it)it might be more appropriate to continue it on BGT WEB
                > Graham
                > BGT Edit Moderator
              • Bill Bradshaw
                Message 7 of 17 , Mar 1 11:41 AM
                  It was not meant as a dig at Andrew. The statement was to give people a
                  starting guide to the information. I just thought some people might find
                  the statistics interesting. To bad it is so damn hard to format information
                  in a text email message.

                  Message 8 of 17 , Mar 1 12:08 PM
                    Bill Bradshaw wrote:

                    > It was not a dig at Andrew even though I could have stated it better. The
                    > statement was mainly a guide to give people a start on interpreting the
                    > information. I thought maybe some people would find the statistics
                    > interesting. I wonder if anybody did get it HTML format. I forgot that I
                    > have my personnal preferences in Yahoo set to convert HTML to text so I
                    > could not get my own message popped to me in HTML.
                    >
                    > <Bill>

                    The BGT list is text only.

                    --
                    David Anderson
                    Senior Review Coordinator/Webmaster
                    http://www.BackpackGearTest.org
                  • Shane Steinkamp
                    Message 9 of 17 , Mar 1 8:00 PM
                      > It was not a dig at Andrew even though I could have stated it
                      > better. The statement was mainly a guide to give people a start
                      > on interpreting the information. I thought maybe some people
                      > would find the statistics interesting.

                      I did find them interesting, Bill, and I'd appreciate it if you could send
                      them to me directly in HTML.

                      Shane
                    • Shane Steinkamp
                      Message 10 of 17 , Mar 1 8:05 PM
                        As keeper of the TEST CALL SCHEDULE, I thought I would just write a casual
                        email and accidentally let it slip that there are 39 items in the queue at
                        the moment and I haven't finished processing everything that Jerry, Dave,
                        and Bex have put up for scheduling...

                        I would imagine that if people knew this they might start paying close
                        attention, get their reports filed on time, and polish up their
                        applications...

                        Hint, hint...

                        Shane
                      • Shane Steinkamp
                        Message 11 of 17 , Mar 1 8:15 PM
                          I need all SealSkinz testers to test their SealSkinz chillblockers for
                          leaks, and report via private email to me if you have not already done so.

                          Shane
                        • Andy Mytys
                          Message 12 of 17 , Mar 1 9:20 PM
                            Is that 39 tests, or 6-10 tests with 3-5 items each?

                            39 tests would have me building an ark :)

                            --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Shane Steinkamp"
                            <shane@t...> wrote:
                            > As keeper of the TEST CALL SCHEDULE, I thought I would just write
                            a casual
                            > email and accidentally let it slip that there are 39 items in the
                            queue at
                            > the moment and I haven't finished processing everything that
                            Jerry, Dave,
                            > and Bex have put up for scheduling...
                            >
                            > I would imagine that if people knew this they might start paying
                            close
                            > attention, get their reports filed on time, and polish up their
                            > applications...
                            >
                            > Hint, hint...
                            >
                            > Shane
                          • David Anderson
                            Message 13 of 17 , Mar 1 9:41 PM
                              Andy Mytys wrote:

                              > Is that 39 tests, or 6-10 tests with 3-5 items each?
                              >
                              > 39 tests would have me building an ark :)

                              Get out your hammer!

                              That is 39 test series . . . . that Shane knows about.

                              I have about 10 e-mails out, and I still have a stack of cards to go
                              through.

                              With this sort of gear traffic coming through, a lot more of the tests
                              are going to be three items from here on out unless they are "really cool".

                              It is also REALLY important that everyone answer Stephanie's survey (I
                              still have to do that myself). We need to know how much gear we can test
                              at a time. We are getting to the point where we are going to have to
                              start telling manufacturers that "no we can't test your entire product
                              line" because we are getting that sort of offer. We need to be able to
                              spread the wealth among them, and we need to know how many packs we can
                              handle, and which models to choose.

                              The same goes for shelters, footwear, socks, underwear, sharps, brights,
                              etc.

                              --
                            • rebecca@backpackgeartest.org
                              Message 14 of 17 , Mar 2 9:02 AM
                                Quoting David Anderson <danderson@...>:

                                > I have about 10 e-mails out, and I still have a stack of cards to go
                                > through.

                                As do I. Lots of stuff hasn't even made it into the queue yet.

                                Isn't it fun to be one of the popular kids?
                              • Shane
                                Message 15 of 17 , Mar 2 10:05 AM
                                  > As do I. Lots of stuff hasn't even made it into the queue yet.

                                  I know... I'm just trying to wake some of the sleepers... ;)

                                  > Isn't it fun to be one of the popular kids?

                                  Dunno... What's it like?

                                  Shane